PDA

View Full Version : to much oil?

riderssb250x
04-20-2009, 08:36 AM
my quads smoking more after an oil change I think..

I have an oversized cdb oil tank and I think I put to much oil how muchshould it take?

if I put in too much oil could that be the casue for alota of smoking?

honda400ex2003
04-20-2009, 08:58 AM
I have thought about this for quite a while on my own. I have come up with since it is in the tank the motor only sucks so much oil into it at a time anyway. It can never over fill the motor. I am not sure but that is my thoughts on it initially. I want to see what everyone else says about this too. Let me know what you think about the idea. steve

nskukalek79
04-20-2009, 09:19 AM
not sure if they can be related but my dad blew up a motor in our lawn mower because he had too much oil in it. i think it just had too much pressure in the system and caused problems with the engine

honda400ex2003
04-20-2009, 09:24 AM
does it have a remote reservoir on it? otherwise it can blow the rings in it with just adding oil to the crankcase. The extra pressure is what did it since the oil hit the piston instead of just the dipper hitting the oil. If it does not have a vent hose on it. I think the 400ex would blow the oil out the crankcase breather on the left side of the case anyway if i am not mistaken, if that is what that breather goes too. I know people have had oil come out of them but I am not sure why. Steve