PDA

View Full Version : Powervalve vs. no powervalve

matt1106
04-20-2009, 07:40 AM
I figure this will stir things up a little. Im a proud owner of and 86' quadracer 250 (non-powervalved) and ive spent plenty of time on my friends 87' (powervalved). And i have to say i really like my motor better. Im wondering wat you other quadracer owners think. I feel like the powervalved motor is just too weak on top. Its got killer low and midrange but when the motor is signing off my motor is just starting to really move, thats y i bought a 2stroke for that top end pull. and the non powervalved motor does have good low end but its not as snappy as the powervalve. which i think is helpful in some technical riding to control wheelspin. I know racers prefer powervalves. but wat do u guys think?

03pete
04-20-2009, 08:55 AM
I like the more abrupt snap of the powerband with the non-powervalve

91gtig60
04-20-2009, 09:14 PM
power valved is the only way to go. i also have a gasgas 300 pv and a 250r npv and the pv engine are way more aggressive powerband.

Tecate250
05-14-2009, 09:22 AM
Well I totally dislike the pv. Never owned a quad racer but owned 2 Tecate 4s And 3 Tecate 3s and love the non pv motor. The tecate 4 motor was also a counter balancer motor. The 3 wheeler motor is so simple to fix its not funny. The pv have all those small parts, adjusting it. Not for me.

Quadzilla2win
06-03-2009, 10:59 AM
actually there is only a few parts to the PV and they take all of 1 minute to adjust. The problem is ppl tend to not like things they know nothing about.

If you go with a non PV motor you are really limiting yourself.

Rebel lt250r
07-20-2009, 09:04 PM
have both, and if you didn't like the pv engine, i would say it probably hasn't been tuned properly. (the pv engine)

I have rode alot of different quads, pv and not, and haven't had anything give me the rush my 89 has.......thou my 86 is fun

to me, it's really a night and day differance