PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Welch @ Lorrettas ??

DRR123
04-20-2009, 07:22 AM
I seen that Charlie finished 8th in his class and like 50 overall this past weekend?

chuck 8A
04-20-2009, 12:26 PM
Charlie had some bad luck saturday. I spoke with his dad and he said that the spark plug boot became loose and was not making contact with the plug. Dont worry this kid is the real deal and will be back ready to go at the next race. He has set the bar high for all of us. Chuck frazier...........

bulldogfallon
04-20-2009, 02:53 PM
He is a very fast and consistent rider that will is very impressive to watch..

Bad luck gets us all....

We had our spark plug wire pull out of the boot in Pell City

To win you need all of this---good rider, good mechanic and some ol fashion good luck sometimes

Sorry to hear about the mishap, but I am sure you will be back on top next race

Ty1on
04-20-2009, 06:33 PM
To Win you need all this ....Left one thing out.... a good attitude.

I was at his pit when Charlie returned after the race and all he had was a very positive attittude. He said it happens I have several more races to go.

cwjr
04-21-2009, 06:41 AM
Charlie did have problems with his sprark plug boot...I figured it out and made the change after the race (about 90 seconds) and the quad was perfect....I did learn some tricks to prevent this from hopefully never happening again and if it does i will be prepared.....
This was the 3rd year in a row that Charlie was leading at Lorettas and had trouble---07- crash at the 46 min mark, 08- broke the frame in 1/2, 09-spark plug boot.

Thanks for all the help to everyone and nice job Brandon Frazier---you are a great young rider and will win many more !!!

skyeryder
06-22-2009, 03:35 PM
CWJR,
what's your trick for keeping the spark plug boot on??? We were racing at LaOtto up by Fort Wayne this weekend and the boot started coming off in the second moto, he won the first, dead last on second moto, Oh well.. Like you said after we got the quad back home it was a 90 second fix, the plug end that holds the boot had stripped off all the threads....?????

cwjr
06-24-2009, 08:30 PM
silicone and duct tape !!!!!

riding4fun
06-25-2009, 05:39 AM
Bungie cord