PDA

View Full Version : Best Exhaust for Honda 450r ?

liljhall09
04-19-2009, 04:31 PM
Well im getting rid of the Duncan , and im looking at DASA , SPARKS , ROSSIER , or w.e else is a great exhaust. I have a stock motor supposibly ? thats what paper work says , so let me know what u think is the best !

Thanks

k265r
04-19-2009, 04:57 PM
I would get a sparks pipe kit then you will have 2 air filters your jet kit and a good all around pipe. sparks pipes have an awesome fit and finish. Dasa pipes are also great pipes. I prefer the sparks.

motofreak2772
04-19-2009, 05:09 PM
Ive heard some bad about sparks. I had the same dilema about a week ago.. I decided DASA.

MX450
04-19-2009, 05:14 PM
Ive got the baldwin pipe wich i am pretty happy with

lonnie1977
04-19-2009, 07:34 PM
Had a LRD full on the bike when I bought it and took up to the PA mountains and the head pipe cracked in 2 at the head. Bought a sparks 2.5 years ago and have been too the mountains ALOT and no problems. Great sound and power. I have the big core X6.

wayfastwhitey69
04-19-2009, 08:20 PM
i got a white bros pro aluminum, i love it, makes great power

k265r
04-19-2009, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by motofreak2772
Ive heard some bad about sparks. I had the same dilema about a week ago.. I decided DASA.

what is bad about sparks?

BlaineKaiser450
04-19-2009, 09:45 PM
Dasa!

Butter
04-19-2009, 11:26 PM
I don't think you could go wrong with any of the three but.... Rossier!!!

liljhall09
04-20-2009, 05:12 AM
im just worried about the rossier or dasa cause i heard there made for bigger motors ?

06 Honda 450R
04-20-2009, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by liljhall09
im just worried about the rossier or dasa cause i heard there made for bigger motors ?
no thats not true, i have a rossier on my 450 and the engine is basically stock accept jets

Quadforce
04-20-2009, 10:53 AM
Rage....

Tommy Warren
04-20-2009, 12:11 PM
might be a rumor but I've read that the DASA sticker burns off after a while. you can never go wrong with motoworks awesome power, sound, and looks, and weight

hendershot106
04-20-2009, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
might be a rumor but I've read that the DASA sticker burns off after a while. you can never go wrong with motoworks awesome power, sound, and looks, and weight

a sticker has no effect on performance, merely cosmetic

motofreak2772
04-20-2009, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by k265r
what is bad about sparks?
Idk ive never had one, but I know a lot of people who werent happy with it and has since changed it out, one guy went from the sparks to the hmf ironman and said that he liked the hmf way better.... but like I said its just what other people have said.

Originally posted by liljhall09

maybe they were trying to say with a dasa it feels like you have a bigger motor lol

OMG who cares about a stupid sticker lol...

liljhall09
04-20-2009, 01:49 PM
haha for real , just put another sticker

longtimeridr777
04-20-2009, 02:05 PM
With all the bikes i have owned i have ran HMF, and i love the power i geet out of the pipe!!!

Tommy Warren
04-20-2009, 02:12 PM
Idk ive never had one, but I know a lot of people who werent happy with it and has since changed it out, one guy went from the sparks to the hmf ironman and said that he liked the hmf way better.... but like I said its just what other people have said.

maybe they were trying to say with a dasa it feels like you have a bigger motor lol

OMG who cares about a stupid sticker lol...

hey if I'm dumping hundreds of dollars into a pipe i want it to look good!

jersey devil
04-20-2009, 02:29 PM
hey if I'm dumping hundreds of dollars into a pipe i want it to look good!

Of course we all want our rides to look good but its about PERFORMANCE!Looks is in the "eye of the beholder"!
Most owners that just worry about ther quads "looking good" are garage trophys anyway so it doesn't matter.
Spend your money wisely.Pipes are about performance.

Tommy Warren
04-20-2009, 02:52 PM
well if you had the choice of a motoworks that performs and keeps looking good or a dasa that performs but looks like shart what would you pick?

blacknblue#2
04-20-2009, 02:54 PM

I have a buddy with a dasa and loves it. There is a rumor that if your engine is running up to par it will burn the stick off so far back then to cut the canister right there at that line. They say they really perform then. never tried it but could be some truth to it. I know shortening a yoshi on my crotch rocket helped a little

hendershot106
04-20-2009, 03:15 PM
well if you had the choice of a motoworks that performs and keeps looking good or a dasa that performs but looks like shart what would you pick?

lmfao.... NEITHER!!!! HMF or SPARKS!!

GTRider256
04-20-2009, 06:29 PM
I've always liked the Pro-Circuit

motofreak2772
04-20-2009, 07:54 PM
Why do you think the dasa will look like "shart"? If it was hot enough to do that kind of damage to a dasa what makes the the motoworks any different? and if the dasa performs better(not saying it does... idk) then idc I would choose the "sharty" looking one. His question was best exhaust, not best looking exhaust. When you are paying for this stuff your self you want every penny worth of power you can get and nothing less because of looks. I know there isnt much difference between exhausts and in the end they will all do pretty much the same. You need to really look at the dynos for each exhausts and choose which one fits what your looking for and what you think will improve your bike the most whether it be bottom end, top end or mid range.

jersey devil
04-20-2009, 08:27 PM

I have a DASA complete Classic system and its awesome.Looks and performs great.So just trying to pass on some experienced info.Not saying you have to get a DASA but just giving you the low down in my experience with there exhaust system.
I don't know where you come up with it looks like shart as you say?All we are talking about is a sticker put on the pipe that could easily be replaced but I have had no problem with it coming off or burning off!I ride the hell out of mine and ride hard to.
So it appears after all these posts to help you with your question that all you are concerned with is looks and rumors?My advice to you is take the quad completly apart and have it all chromed so you can be cool.
Apparently you are not concerned about performance at all.So good luck and hope you can sort out the little squirrels you have running around in your head!

d3ktrix
04-20-2009, 09:15 PM
As long as you keep fresh packing the Dasa the sticker shouldn't burn off.

S.A.J
04-20-2009, 09:19 PM
LOL it looks just as good if not BETTER without the sticker!!! Mine came with the wrong color on it so i just took it off...cant beat the looks OR performance and sound of DASA

Butter
04-20-2009, 09:30 PM
Hey if you just get a Rossier, you won't have to worry about the rumors!! LOL!!

But seriously, I really don't think you could go wrong with anyone of the three top names. Of course someone will have found something wrong with each pipe. There is no manufacturer that has made every one of their customers happy. Its all what you want. I have a Rossier on my race bike, and a Sparks on my practice bike, and I love them both. I have a Sparks drop in cam in the practice bike, and I figured to keep their components together. But easily, if I ever wanted, I would put the Sparks on my race bike and vise versa.

Again, if you have a pipe in your head that you wanted of the three, go with it. I don't think you'll regret it.

stallionrr
04-20-2009, 10:46 PM
I prefer the "Big Nicky homemade special"

stallionrr
04-20-2009, 10:49 PM
ill

motofreak2772
04-21-2009, 07:36 PM
Where can I find dasa end caps?
like a replcement one?

d3ktrix
04-21-2009, 11:47 PM
Where can I find dasa end caps?
like a replcement one?

Directly from Dasa is probably the only place, doubt any retailers would stock just the end cap. Any retailer could special order it for you though I'm sure.

liljhall09
04-22-2009, 05:18 AM
well im gonna go wit a Sparks big core

Tommy Warren
04-22-2009, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by jersey devil
I have a DASA complete Classic system and its awesome.Looks and performs great.So just trying to pass on some experienced info.Not saying you have to get a DASA but just giving you the low down in my experience with there exhaust system.
I don't know where you come up with it looks like shart as you say?All we are talking about is a sticker put on the pipe that could easily be replaced but I have had no problem with it coming off or burning off!I ride the hell out of mine and ride hard to.
So it appears after all these posts to help you with your question that all you are concerned with is looks and rumors?My advice to you is take the quad completly apart and have it all chromed so you can be cool.
Apparently you are not concerned about performance at all.So good luck and hope you can sort out the little squirrels you have running around in your head!

First off I didn't start the thread so all these posts aren't helping me at all. I just gave my opinion and told him I would go with motoworks. maybe the person who started the thread cares about performance and looks like I do. The fact is that sometimes the stickers do fall off and if you "ride the hell out of yours and ride it hard too" whatever the difference is than your lucky your hasn't fallen off yet. IMO if the sticker falls off it basically looks like a stock pipe so you might as well have got the HRC muffler insert for 1/8 of the price. If the sticker falls off of a motoworks pipe they still don't look like a stocker because they are completely different looking. If you were buying a ferrari you'd probably want to know if the paint falls off. so basically I stated a true fact, trying to help someone and all of a sudden I have squirrels running around in my head? GET BENT!!

Ruf Racing
04-22-2009, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by GTRider256
I've always liked the Pro-Circuit

I have to agree with GTRider. Pro-Circuit has been making
exhaust longer than anyone. Their quality is second to none.
I've been running mine for 3yrs. I love the performance and
sound.

http://i532.photobucket.com/albums/ee328/RideRed187/ATV/Ruthspics6.jpg

jersey devil
04-22-2009, 12:01 PM
First off I didn't start the thread so all these posts aren't helping me at all. I just gave my opinion and told him I would go with motoworks. maybe the person who started the thread cares about performance and looks like I do. The fact is that sometimes the stickers do fall off and if you "ride the hell out of yours and ride it hard too" whatever the difference is than your lucky your hasn't fallen off yet. IMO if the sticker falls off it basically looks like a stock pipe so you might as well have got the HRC muffler insert for 1/8 of the price. If the sticker falls off of a motoworks pipe they still don't look like a stocker because they are completely different looking. If you were buying a ferrari you'd probably want to know if the paint falls off. so basically I stated a true fact, trying to help someone and all of a sudden I have squirrels running around in my head? GET BENT!!

GET BENT!Gee must be a squirrely saying in Canada?
As for buying a ferrari and worried about the paint??How does that compare or have anything to do with a sticker on a pipe.
AH HA!I have finally figured you out?The squirrels in your head are running in all different directions!I understand now!
Have a nice day my friend!

Tommy Warren
04-22-2009, 02:07 PM
LMFAO what a loser!!lol

jersey devil
04-22-2009, 03:40 PM
LMFAO what a loser!!lol

Speak english!

motofreak2772
04-22-2009, 08:28 PM
ok chilll out... this isnt helping the guy at all, and if you read above he already chose his pipe :scary:

Butter
04-22-2009, 11:16 PM
Good choice on the Sparks man. Again, I don't think you'll regret it.

And I understand people putting what pipe they have and like, but right from the beginning, he had 3 choices. Dasa, Sparks, and Rossier. I hope someone here gave some insight into what you were looking for.