PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question

exrider12
04-19-2009, 03:12 PM
Im getting absolutely no help in the 450r section. And i figure this problem is with all quads.

i just put on an asv lever and perch. The two wires that connect to the stock perch allow you to start in gear correct?So i just splice these together?

Now the big question. i had to loosen my cable to put my new lever on. Now that i put everythi ng on i cant get my clutch to work. Il pull it in and shift down and my bike just stalls and pops forward. How do i fix this. And i need like major detail cause i know nothing about clutches.

Thanks

hondaking52
04-19-2009, 06:03 PM
well wat did you adjust? the adjuster up at the lever or down on the side of the motor?, the one on the motor should be in the middle of the adjustment area, and the one up at the bars just deterines how much freeplay you have up there for the most part, and yes just splice the wires together

exrider12
04-19-2009, 07:45 PM
I adjusted it at the engine almost all the way loose. How do i get it to pull further?

hondaking52
04-20-2009, 02:56 AM
i'm pretty sure you have to move the engine adjusted forward, all i know is it should be in the mid of its adjusment, then fine tune it up at the bars, thats how we did my buds 450r, and if you want a bit more tension move the adjuster forward some more(engine one)

exrider12
04-20-2009, 08:54 AM
Ok im gonna go try that.

Thanks

exrider12
04-20-2009, 09:10 AM
Alright. I just tried to do it. The little clmap things that hold the clutch cable, and sometrhing off the radiator. i took those off and kinda pulled on the the clutch cable. theres a good 3 inches of slack. So im thinking i have to get a new clutch cable. And thank god the lever came with another one that looks shorter. So im gonna try that.

hondaking52
04-20-2009, 03:09 PM
well that might be ur problem, LOL, thats probly why they send you a shorter one.