PDA

View Full Version : ATV racing coming to a channel near you?

cjpoole1
12-31-2002, 07:01 PM
I found this on ATV Scene.

"The Associated press released some info that could prove to be pretty valuable for the ATV racing community. It seems that the Fox Cable Networks Group is launching a digital cable and satellite sports channel aimed at the younger audience. The yet to be named channel will focus exclusively on extreme sports like surfing, BMX biking, skateboarding, motocross and other new wave sports. Deals are already in the works with Time Warner Cable and DirecTV Satellite and smaller cable operators to carry the new channel, which will allow it to reach 2-3 million viewers! The new channel will feature original and purchased programming. Last but not least, it's said that Fox is investing over $50 million in the channel. Sounds like their serious, huh? If this doesn't scream ATV racing opportunity to you you've probably drank too much alcohol over the holidays.

More good Fox news
Fox Sports Net invites us all to catch today's action sports out on their all new "54321 Television" program. Hopefully one of those action sports will be ATV racing. (It will if I have anything to do with it).

Fox Sports Net debuts "54321 Television", television's first topical daily program covering the growing phenomenon of action sports, on Monday, Jan. 27. Skateboarding, surfing, snowboarding, BMX and freestyle motocross will be primary elements as Fox Sports Net creates a new genre of sports television entertainment. The 30-minute show will air weekdays at 5 p.m. EST, with convenient replays each evening in prime time and late night."

Ryan
12-31-2002, 07:08 PM
Thats awesome, Thats kinda like high octane though, I hope atv racing will be put on television. I was just at ******** and I didn't see anything like this.

12-31-2002, 07:10 PM
Thats pretty sweet, I hope they focus on quads too though, most of the time it's soemthing else, too bad I have practice till 6 :mad: every day

Moto92
12-31-2002, 08:59 PM
I really like High Octane, they are always giving props to the quads on there.

tants
12-31-2002, 09:03 PM
it sounds sweet

zzbudzz
12-31-2002, 10:54 PM
about time! i mean come on , the x games was one of the most watched programs in december! and they came on about 2 pm on NBC(i think) ?

EricB
01-01-2003, 04:39 AM
yeah hopefully they focus more on the racing aspect of it and maintain it as a sport. unlike FMX, its just a big show like WWF almost now lol. i meen FMX is a really hard sport too hehe, oh well i think it is kinda funny because they just don't care. do what ever they want when they do, don't care about rules or nesacarly wining. just the badest trick an thats cool. its just pretty rad how they can still be respected as athletes and not have to really act like it. just some cool people who are good riders and get the recognition they deserve.

QuadTrix6
01-01-2003, 05:34 AM
i think quad racing and FMX is just as intresting to someone who doesn't do the sport as Dirtbikes, its about time they put it on tv

Lo flyer
01-01-2003, 07:33 AM
It seems like it will be a 30 minute blue torch show. It could be a little more exposure but if we always get lumped into that type of a mentality and not get taken a sport that has so many more things going for it than just big air ,big wrecks than we dont get the right tv to get us legit. But I will now have to get a tivo so I can see it every day.:) :) :)