PDA

View Full Version : RAD Valve Question

IcutMetl
04-19-2009, 06:54 AM
Which replacement reeds do I use in my Boyessen RAD valve? I haven't been able to find a definitive answer.

I have carbon reeds now, how do I tell if they are still in good condition? There are no cracks.

Thanks!

smokinwrench
04-19-2009, 08:53 AM
makes sure they are seated against the reed cage, check for cracks, and missing peices.

Parts number for carbon fiber pro series reeds is PSR-13
Boyesen site also shows RL-19 but it has the wrong picture so I have never tried them.

I just ordered PSR-13 and they fit my radvalve. I only found 2 places that sale them, couple people on ebay and boyesen site. Guy on ebay I paid for the correct set and he sent me reeds for a stock reed cage, it took me a week to get him to admit he sent wrong stuff. It has been a couple weeks since I sent them back and still don't have correct set. Cost a little more but boyesen sent them out fast.

IcutMetl
04-19-2009, 12:59 PM
Thanks for the help. I checked Boyessen's website, and they don't even reference the TRX250R anymore, not even the ATC.

Anyhow, mine don't look damaged and it ran fine before (no fuel related issues), so I'll probably just leave it. Another thing I noticed is that some of the RAD valves have those metal plates that must keep the reeds from opening up too far? Mine doesn't have those...is that an issue?

05LSR250R
04-19-2009, 05:29 PM
Rad Valves dont come with the metal reed stops!
The carbon reeds are a waste of money in my opinion!

86 Quad R
04-20-2009, 10:21 AM
if ever you do replace the reeds be sure to get the "r-19". they are all fiberglass and last 10x longer than the carbon fiber.

IcutMetl
04-20-2009, 02:01 PM
Thanks guys, I appreciate the help.