PDA

View Full Version : Anyone running ARSFX and EXIT shocks on 400ex?

QuadJunkies
04-18-2009, 09:29 PM
Ive been tossing around the idea of switching out my front end .
I was wondering if anyone where has any pics of the ARSFX/EXIT shock set up?
I dont think they make them for the EX ,but I have a chance to get them so I wanted to see what they look like installed.
Thanks!

honda400ex2003
04-19-2009, 03:57 PM
if the pics i saw on their site are any indication of how they perform they look like they will do pretty good. I would buy them if they are reasonably priced, I have not seen anyone run them on here though. i did not see any for the ex on the site though but you could mod them like the 450 shocks. then you could mess with the valving and such like c and d does. If you could trick them into tuning them for your 400 by just giving them the right specs to make them work. unfortunately i am not sure what they do to get the 450 shocks to work good. you could can c and d and ask what they do to the stockers and tell ARS to make them like that sortof. Just an idea though i guess, steve

procircuit406ex
04-19-2009, 04:37 PM
I have never seen any arms for a 400ex, but I have talked to Glenn about building me a set this summer to go with my HLS shocks. He did build me a stem last month though...

QuadJunkies
04-19-2009, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by procircuit406ex
I have never seen any arms for a 400ex, but I have talked to Glenn about building me a set this summer to go with my HLS shocks. He did build me a stem last month though...
They had set (I cant remember which of them told us they had one ) so I was thinking on getting them,they were for an EX,I got the impression once the 450 came along they didint make them anymore?? Ill have ot find out more on that ( the AArms that is) the price was right so I wanted to get them.
IF they handle anything like our honda450 and my Sons mini , the set will rock! :cool:

QuadJunkies
04-19-2009, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by honda400ex2003
if the pics i saw on their site are any indication of how they perform they look like they will do pretty good. I would buy them if they are reasonably priced, I have not seen anyone run them on here though. i did not see any for the ex on the site though but you could mod them like the 450 shocks. then you could mess with the valving and such like c and d does. If you could trick them into tuning them for your 400 by just giving them the right specs to make them work. unfortunately i am not sure what they do to get the 450 shocks to work good. you could can c and d and ask what they do to the stockers and tell ARS to make them like that sortof. Just an idea though i guess, steve

I want a set up thats built for the EX, not the 450, I am not fond of that set up,although Im sure it would work, I just dont like the 450 on an EX set up.