PDA

View Full Version : HRC Question

luigi
04-18-2009, 08:32 PM
I have an 04 TRX450r and I have the HRC kit and the DMC afterburner pipe for it. Will the jets supplied with the HRC kit be suitable with the DMC afterburner slip on pipe, or should I plan on buying the DYNA Jet Kit? Also should I have a shim kit on hand or will the valves be within specs of the stock shims. (Only a few hours on the motor)

d3ktrix
04-18-2009, 09:45 PM
The HRC jetting will be close even with the exhaust.
Most likely just have to adjust the A/F screw.
Don't waste ur money on a dyno jet kit, if you do need to chance something, just by individual keihin jets.

Changing to the HRC cam won't chance your valve clearances, but I can't say or not if your valves already need adjusting.
Though if you plan on continuing doing your own engine maintenance the valve shim kit is great to have.
I use mine so much I had to buy more shims to refill it. lol (From working on my friends bikes)

luigi
04-19-2009, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by d3ktrix
The HRC jetting will be close even with the exhaust.
Most likely just have to adjust the A/F screw.
Don't waste ur money on a dyno jet kit, if you do need to chance something, just by individual keihin jets.

Changing to the HRC cam won't chance your valve clearances, but I can't say or not if your valves already need adjusting.
Though if you plan on continuing doing your own engine maintenance the valve shim kit is great to have.
I use mine so much I had to buy more shims to refill it. lol (From working on my friends bikes)

Thanks, I am just trying to get what I need to do this job. It seems pretty straightforward. Is there anything I shoud be cautious of?

d3ktrix
04-19-2009, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by luigi
Thanks, I am just trying to get what I need to do this job. It seems pretty straightforward. Is there anything I shoud be cautious of?

Nothing special, just the normal make sure the timing is correct when your done and don't strip anything in the soft alum. lol

Here's a nice guild one of the forum members here wrote up if you need any references.
http://webpages.shepherd.edu/ghott01/valveadjustment/valveadjustment.html