PDA

View Full Version : Hit by car... on purpose...

hale23
04-18-2009, 07:40 PM
Today we were riding on back roads. A buddy of ours got his wheeler stuck in a mud hole so my husband's uncle and I went back to the house for the utility and tow ropes. Him and his daughter went back to get him unstuck, while I went to let my mother in law know what was going on. My brother in law followed me in the door and when he walked in his phone rang. All he said was Alicia got hit by a car. We all took off back to where we were riding. Apparently on their way back, my husband's uncle and cousin passed a car going 5 mph, when she went around him, he started going faster. They turned on an old gas well road and he followed. He started beeping at her and when she looked back he slammed into her. She rolled with the four wheeler 3 times. She sat up and looked at him, and he turned around at the gaswell and took off.
They are in the process of filing a police report and taking her to the hospital. She messed up her hip pretty badly. The bumper was stuck between her frame and tire some how.
Who would do something like this...?

pro-rider46
04-18-2009, 07:48 PM
thats horrible, those are the kind of people that need beaten with a garden hose.

good luck catching him, and hope your friend heals up good.

ALAMX37
04-18-2009, 10:31 PM
English? So somebody hit a quad rider with a car?

tri5ron
04-18-2009, 11:00 PM
Wow!, I do hope this person is caught, and I hope your friend is ok. hopefully somebody saw something that can identify this driver.

muddy400EX
04-19-2009, 12:37 AM
wow, if i was riding with her i would have been chasing that guy down and showin him whats up! thats horrible, hope shes ok

Which 450?
04-19-2009, 05:38 AM
I'm pretty sure that's attempted murder. Lets hope they catch this guy...

hondariderdylan
04-19-2009, 07:38 PM
should have taken off through the woods
cars cat go there
no, but thats serious

people like that deserve to get beat

hope they find him:grr:

lonnie1977
04-19-2009, 07:42 PM
Sorry to hear this. If it happened to someone I knew I would hope too find the person before the police.

hale23
04-19-2009, 07:52 PM
A little wordy, I know. I was pretty ticked while writing.

The thing is, she did turn on an old gaswell road that no car should have gone on. We took the bumper and gave it to police. They know at least the color and type of car. We also know it won't have a bumper or passenger side headlight.

The police say when they find the guy, he will get aggrevated assault at least, but are going to push attempted homicide.

Her pelvis is bruised, but she's okay considering being hit by a car. It could have been a horrible way for a 15 year old girl to die.

I honestly though nothing would be done because she was riding an unregistered quad. However, they are going to search for this guy until they find him. They say they might be able to take the serial number from the bumper and trace it to the VIN.

Exrider434
04-19-2009, 09:17 PM
wow!!! :eek2:

I hope they catch the idiot who did this!

tyman2395
04-19-2009, 09:53 PM
holy chit thats crazy. if that happened to someone in my family i would go get my friend off the deer horns in my garage and put a slug in it and go looking for someone

birdman7389
04-20-2009, 02:26 AM
damn :(

They wont be able to trace the vin off markings on the bumper......

hale23
04-21-2009, 12:11 AM
A few friends started forwarding text messages and we've had two people come up with the same name. One said he admitted to doing it intentionally, the other saying that he asked a friend to put a bumper on a car matching the decription. PSP was notified, given his address and were on their way to pay a visit last night.

hondariderdylan
04-21-2009, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by hale23
A few friends started forwarding text messages and we've had two people come up with the same name. One said he admitted to doing it intentionally, the other saying that he asked a friend to put a bumper on a car matching the decription. PSP was notified, given his address and were on their way to pay a visit last night.

thats great
technology at work for once:cool:

54warrior
04-21-2009, 06:40 AM
Keep us updated. What a shame.

hale23
04-21-2009, 07:26 PM
Good news.

It was the kid. He admitted it to the police and is now sitting in jail with 9 different counts.

05LSR250R
04-21-2009, 07:32 PM
Thats awesome news! Glad they got that dirtbag! Lets hope he gets the fullest extent of all his charges!

RATPACK Z400
04-21-2009, 07:38 PM
Did the kid say why he did it? thats just insane ,hit her so hard the bumper fell off man she is lucky hope she,s doing better!

hondariderdylan
04-21-2009, 07:52 PM
great to hear
what did he get charged with?

Which 450?
04-22-2009, 12:57 PM
Good News!

Aceman
04-22-2009, 07:31 PM
That kid was lucky nobody was carrying. Man, if I saw somebody trying to mow my kid down on a quad.....

It wouldn't end well.:o

hale23
04-23-2009, 10:57 PM
He already had a warrant out for him with drug realated charges. I know he will be charged with aggrevated assault, attempted vehicular homicide and reckless driving.

He didn't have a reason to do it. She didn't even have riding gear on... very easy to tell she was a girl too. Shorts, tank top, flip flops and a neon pink helmet. And even if it wasn't a girl, there's no excuse.

The police actually advised her to sue on top of it. I would at least try to get the money out of him to fix the fourwheeler. I had to ride it home and there's quite a bit of things bent on it. I think it even bent the frame itself.

hondariderdylan
04-24-2009, 06:16 AM
get em':cool: