PDA

View Full Version : What difference if I take out the restrictor on 90?

rinaldi
04-18-2009, 03:20 PM
I was told it will open the quad up a bit if I remove the jumper pin on the DRX 90cc, but curious to ask exactly what will it do to the quad? Quicker off the line or just more top end, etc? Also how do you get that box out of the rubber holder to get the pin out? My son has been doing fairly well on the quad so I am debating on taking this off once I really know what to expect. Thanks

riding4fun
04-19-2009, 06:15 AM
The difference is night and day. It will be quicker and faster. You should be able to just slide it off and then remove the clip.

bulldogfallon
04-19-2009, 11:32 AM
I am surprised the quad moves if the clip is in place...Are you sure it hasn't been removed already?

The clip is a rev limiter...it doesn't change the curve...just lets the rpms go higher.

rinaldi
04-19-2009, 03:15 PM
You are right. They took the clip out. Makes sense, but I would not have guessed they pulled the jumper before I bought it. I saw on your site there are some nice options on the limited DRX 90cc. Are some of those accessories available to put on the regular 90?

bulldogfallon
04-19-2009, 07:13 PM
A limited is a stock DRX90 with add ons...so you can upgrade your unit to a limited at anytime