PDA

View Full Version : dasa exhaust

rider181
04-18-2009, 10:01 AM
I was looking at getting a dasa exhaust, but I've heard that after awhile the sticker burns off and makes the pipe look junk. I didn't know if that was true so alittle help from anyone that knows if this is true or not.

motofreak2772
04-18-2009, 02:17 PM
the sticker shouldnt matter lmao. Stickers will eventually burn off every exhaust, thats not why you buy them. and if it does burn off im sure you can buy a replacement.

rider181
04-18-2009, 02:34 PM
i wasn't worried about the sticker burning off i didn't want the paint burning off the pipe and ruining the pipe

k4f5x0r
04-18-2009, 02:54 PM
have had my dasa for a while. nothings burned off. they put ceramic coating on the can so it stays cooler. you can touch it right after you had a race and it only feels mildly warm.

ive powerwashed. sticker still on, ran it hard sticker still on. the only way mines coming off is if i do it on purpose.

motofreak2772
04-19-2009, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by k4f5x0r
you can touch it right after you had a race and it only feels mildly warm.

You've tried this?

k4f5x0r
04-19-2009, 09:29 AM
yea at first it was an accident but it doesnt gethot at all. there were trails upstate which were basically 1st gear idle trails and everything got really hot. the can was only luke warm.

pitcrew
04-19-2009, 09:55 AM
here's a pic of mine. the sticker does get a little discolored but has not started to come off or anything. and its true the pipe doesn't get that hot at all

motofreak2772
04-19-2009, 04:11 PM
lol I just got one so when ever i come back from a moto I will grab it and start screaming, I wonder what my parents will do haha ill pretend my hand has melted on to it or something...

jersey devil
04-20-2009, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by rider181
I was looking at getting a dasa exhaust, but I've heard that after awhile the sticker burns off and makes the pipe look junk. I didn't know if that was true so alittle help from anyone that knows if this is true or not.

First of all I bought my DASA for performance.It is all that to!Great quality,fit,performance and haven't had any problems other then HOLD ON!
As far a stickers go mine is fine and as a previous post stated the pipe comes coated and will hold up for a long time.
So quit listening to rumors and read the facts.Buy one and you will be very impressed.
Good luck and ride hard!