PDA

View Full Version : Sparks key installed & wow!

buster024
04-17-2009, 10:44 PM
I finally got my chance to take the bike out for a few laps around the neighborhood after installing the key last week. I really can't believe the difference.....what a sweet upgrade that really is. I was really shocked at the torque and the pulling power. I would most definitely recommend this to all my friends, and I'm dissapointed I didn't do this a long time ago.
Awesome upgrade.......five stars!!

rinaldi
04-18-2009, 04:13 AM
I had seen the write up on this regarding the install. Did you think it was a difficult install and how long did it take you? I don't have a breaker bar or a torque wrench-so I would have to invest in both.

Newrider08
04-18-2009, 04:50 AM
If you have the proper tools it goes quicker, it only took me about 45 minutes and I have about as minimal mechanical experience as you could get lol.

You can use an impact wrench if you dont want to use a breaker bar but an torque wrench should always be used on bolts that have to do with moving parts of the engine

If you check with auto zone or oreilly's or other auto parts store alot of times they have torque wrenches and breaker bars for CHEAP rent or even free with a deposit which is a great deal for someone like yourself ( or me ) to get a job done like this.

just ask them at the counter what tools they have to loan or rent

if you follow the instructions in the HOW TO for the key and get the new gaskets like it says then this is not hard at all.

Newrider08
04-18-2009, 04:51 AM
OH and Buster, I did the key about a week ago and I have been soooooooooooo happy with the new power and snap of the throttle, it is by far the best 30 bucks you can spend on your quad thats for sure

Wheelie
04-18-2009, 08:40 AM
I know Sparks doesn't recommend them on modified engines, but I installed one regardless. It made an impressive difference in power. The best $30 I've spent yet.

buster024
04-18-2009, 11:27 AM
I had seen the write up on this regarding the install. Did you think it was a difficult install and how long did it take you? I don't have a breaker bar or a torque wrench-so I would have to invest in both.

It took me about 30-45 minutes as well. I invested in a large adjustable wrench set from Harbor Freight (I love cheap tools that are only used once a year), as well as a cheap breaker bar. I think I might have spent $30 bucks on wrenches, $12 on gaskets, and then $20 on the key. The install is really easy, and in fact I thought it was easier than alot of the posts made it sound. Mine went on in a snap.

I think the last post on the how to guide says something about holdin' on, and I'll be damned if he wasn't right!!

:D