PDA

View Full Version : problem with 250X

nismo
12-31-2002, 03:59 PM
i started up my 250X today and rode around for about 15 mins i stopped and turned it off then i go to start it and it putts once and shuts down and i kicked it over again and no compression i think i need to rebuild the top end and put new pistion and rings but i am not sure. if u can help me out please do

TheX1992
12-31-2002, 05:02 PM
make sure your carb and exhaust is tight before you crack it open and see its something simple like that. also theres a decompression switch that sometimes sticks open. on the RIGHT side of the bike on the head theres a lever. make sure its all the way to the RIGHT. it should be almost touching the fins when its off. if thats the problem take the cable off and take some little wire and tie it so its down and stays down. thats what i did with mine. otherwise its proably rings or valve not seating right. what does your plug look like?

nismo
12-31-2002, 05:27 PM
i will see if its the decompression i dont think so. me and my dad took the spark plug out and cleaned it and it still wouldnt kick over.