PDA

View Full Version : Additional info needed on Pitbull Thread

scuzz
04-17-2009, 08:06 AM
I was going to IM this to you, but since you got it WAY wrong, I am replying to you in the same fashion you replied to me.

Originally posted by 250R-Dee
scuzz - I can not believe you reported this thread after instigating an altercation with a threat of your own. It does not matter if you are talking about a person, an earthworm, a fresh steaming pile of manure or a dog... a threat is a threat. Make sure YOU are not in the wrong before pointing the finder at somebody else. I decided to post this in public instead of PM'ing because this comment also applies to other people

I wasn't reporting the thread, I was reporting the post.

So you're saying that if someone threatens to "pop a cap" because my kids are around a dog that it's the same as me protecting my kids from a dog?

Please clarify this for me as it seems you are saying that my four year old has the same rights as a stray dog.

coryatver
04-17-2009, 08:14 AM
who cares. He likes pitbulls. You don't like pitbulls. move on and talk about 4-wheelers

scuzz
04-17-2009, 08:20 AM
I removed the pitbull information from the original post because that's not what this thread is about to me, it's about someone threatening my kids and a mod turning around and saying that saying I would protect my kids from a dog is the same as someone protecting their dog from my 2 year old girl and 4 year old boy by shooting them. (Isn't that what popping a cap means?) (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pop%20a%20cap)

Also, for what it's worth I am always very respectful of others (until they aren't to me) here and try to contribute positively and fairly on this site and work for us all to enjoy the sport we love.

coryatver
04-17-2009, 08:25 AM
thats messed up. the mods run this place though so there is no way you will win an arguement so just be the better man and move on i really doubt they are going to come after your kids seriously.

scuzz
04-17-2009, 08:29 AM
I would hope that he would admit that he was wrong or correct his mistake; I'm not looking to embarrass any mods here.

This a really great site and I enjoy it here and have an immense respect for Pappy and others.

quadrcr161
04-17-2009, 08:38 AM
to some people the dogs are their kids, and your narrow minded self wont actually look at the dog its self but what breed it is or you think it is. do you know smaller dogs and more popular dogs such as a lab will bite before a bully breed? you can actually go to jail for killing a pet and i will report and do my part to help convict anyone who kills a pet.

i only know one dog that has bitten some one and that was me as a child and my aunts lab, and guess what, like most dog bites it was my fault. i bet you will have a run in with more bad children/kids then dogs (i know i have and going through court to try to make it right). yet children will be held higher then even an adult. i will bet my dogs mind better then your kids, i know for a fact my 100lb rottie minds better.

shooting a dog just because it might come close to your kids is overboard, there are steps to go through if you believe a dog is a threat. having a bully breed isnt about trying to have a big bad dog, its about having a very loving pet, there are people who give dogs a bad rep but the same goes for kids. from my experience with kids, i have no love for them. to you your kids are special but to me they dont amount to anything, saying it changes when you have your own wont change my mind either, i told my wife and girls i dated befor that if they want kids we dont even need to waste out time.

i cant convince you that the bullys are great dogs, and you cant convince me a child is the best thing either.

scuzz
04-17-2009, 08:46 AM
You're bringing the thread offtopic, if you want to make a thread about dog bites and whatnot we can talk about it there. I have tons of information if you guys wanna talk about that too.

godzilla
04-17-2009, 08:47 AM
I have a dog, a cat, 4 golfish, and two boys under the age of 10. For someone to even INCINUATE that a dog has more importance in the social hierarchy than a child is really detached.

quadrcr161, I applaud you for not wanting to have children. Obviously your idea that a dog’s life should have priority over a child’s would make you quite the negligent parent. Thank you for not adding to the gene pool.

scuzz
04-17-2009, 08:58 AM
I also should add that I have two rescue dogs as well, and we're not canineaphobic or anything like that. We just have two putbulls roaming the area that we live have been maiming cats and cornered a deer that jumped a wrought iron fence....but it impaled itself on one of the fence points and died there.

Ick.

JackA450r
04-17-2009, 09:04 AM
Man...I looked through the post and I could tell that you didn't mean no harm by what you said scuzz. You simply were stating that if a dog was aggressive around your children you would shoot them. The other guy wasn't meaning that as a threat. It was more of a verbal bashing. I know it is upsetting but you both had points that were conflicting and it got way out of control. Lets just go on about quads and leave it behind us. This site is becoming nothing but an argument fest:huh .

scuzz
04-17-2009, 09:11 AM
Ok.

...and so this thread doesn't turn into some garbage like they other one I won't post again in this thread until a mod comments.

Thanks everyone for taking the time out to read this.

fastredrider44
04-17-2009, 09:36 AM
What was it earlier about a lot of hostility on the site lately. The original thread was about how just because pit bull's have a bad name, doesn't make them the most aggressive dogs out there. Pit Bulls can be nice, or mean, depending on the training. Scuzz - There's nothing wrong with protecting your kids, but there's no reason for you to be so offensive about it, after threating to kill someone else's pet if they're around your kids. Lighten up. You'll live longer.:p

Pappy
04-17-2009, 10:29 AM
Scuzz, if you have an issue with a mod, then pm him. I wont answer for Dee, but from what I see, I can assume that when you reported the thread, he viewed it. When he saw that the banter was back and forth and had escalated to threats, he commented in the thread seeing a mod had already commented and closed it, just as I did.

And I can also say with some certainty that he was responding to issue of threats period, not which was the worse of the two.