PDA

View Full Version : 08 KFX450R Gas Leak

tadpole397cc
04-16-2009, 11:16 PM
Ok I pulled the tank off, and intstalled another o ring! I fount a very small leak! so i tightened the fuel pump back pump back up, and tested it it againb with air no leaks! I installed it all back! and it set for 2 days no sign of leaking! i took it out and rode it around for a little while. it set on my trailer for while when i brought it back home, i checked it and it showed where gas was leaking around the back side of the fuel pump. Which i know they have a recall on some of these bikes! for the tank splitting! i give my local dealer my vin adn said there was not a recall on it! i am just wondering of they dont want to help me! is there any where on the computer where i can get a list of the vins that had the recall! another is has anyone had any leaking problems with the new ims oversized tank! if so please post! any help at this time would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Again! Adam

bo142s
04-17-2009, 09:43 AM
you can go to kawi's website and enter in your vin numbers and it will tell you if you have one of the recalled bikes

BEARAZZ
04-18-2009, 05:41 PM
i have not had any problems out of my IMS or stock ... but i would check again about your recall

BLU82
04-18-2009, 07:38 PM
I don't think it goes by the vin. I think there should be a date stamped on the tank. If yours is from before some date then it's a bad tank. I'm sorry I don't remeber the date or even where on the tank it is stamped, but it was a while ago when I replaced mine.