PDA

View Full Version : AXIS shocks WTF

mxpimp2000
04-16-2009, 08:36 PM
just had 2 axis long travel front shocks rebuilt serviced and the whole shabang and something isnt right..first off i noticed the bike sittin a hair lower on the right side (throttle side) from lookin at it from the front. ok so i inspect them they are not leakin oil or anything i jack it up on level ground floor and that right shock dosent come off the ground same time as the other one it waits until the other shock is 3/4 off the floor before it comes off the floor....:confused: ALSO that right shock i can pick up on the tire and its real easy to compress and the other side isnt WTF:confused:

i can hear the oil in that right shock when i compress it but i cannot hear it in the left shock when i compress it

i need some help this is bothering me BADDD:mad: :mad:

number52
04-16-2009, 10:04 PM
Call the place you had them done and they should fix it for free! Something is not right.

Colby@C&DRacing
04-17-2009, 07:47 AM
I agree you need to contact the shop that did the work something is not right.

racernorris
04-18-2009, 06:56 PM
first i would measure the eye to eye length of each shock, with the quad on a stand (or jacked up) with the wheels off the ground. if they are the exact same length (extended) there is something else wrong. of course your not suppose to hear oil (air) when you compress the shock. even if the shock has air in it the springs should extend the shock when off the ground.

i hope your fame is not twisted, i see a lot of this, if your shocks measure the exact same length when on a stand or jack, you may have a twisted frame. next i would take the bottom shock bolt out on both shocks, and see how far the a-arms drop on each side, there is a possibility you have a ball joint binding and not allowing the shock to extend on one side. you will know right away if you have to compress the shock to take the bolt in/out.

norris

FITT#421f
05-06-2009, 12:32 PM
i have those same shocks, on the bottom of the shock there is a round part which is the rebound,if its not adjusted the same as the other side it will be different.

mxpimp2000
05-06-2009, 01:00 PM
its my swingarm twisted, thanks everyone for helping out

hypersnyper6947
05-11-2009, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by racernorris
first i would measure the eye to eye length of each shock, with the quad on a stand (or jacked up) with the wheels off the ground. if they are the exact same length (extended) there is something else wrong. of course your not suppose to hear oil (air) when you compress the shock. even if the shock has air in it the springs should extend the shock when off the ground.

i hope your fame is not twisted, i see a lot of this, if your shocks measure the exact same length when on a stand or jack, you may have a twisted frame. next i would take the bottom shock bolt out on both shocks, and see how far the a-arms drop on each side, there is a possibility you have a ball joint binding and not allowing the shock to extend on one side. you will know right away if you have to compress the shock to take the bolt in/out.

norris

I can kind of hear the oil moving around in side my rear axis when i compress it, is that bad? It seems to work just fine :ermm:

racernorris
05-12-2009, 08:19 PM
some axis shocks that i have serviced have some fluid noise when compressed, it is also possible there is a small amount of air in the shock. if you take the shock off and remove the spring, compress the shaft inward and see if it extends fully (pull on the end of the shaft and see if the is a dead spot) if so there is air in the shock, if not, run it!

Norris

mxpimp2000
05-12-2009, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by racernorris
some axis shocks that i have serviced have some fluid noise when compressed, it is also possible there is a small amount of air in the shock. if you take the shock off and remove the spring, compress the shaft inward and see if it extends fully (pull on the end of the shaft and see if the is a dead spot) if so there is air in the shock, if not, run it!

Norris

i had a dead spot in one of mine and i had to have it rebuilt so it prb wouldnt hurt any to have it serviced up