PDA

View Full Version : quiet core insert

sweet300ex
12-31-2002, 02:51 PM
i have a WB e series pro meg complete system and me and my dad hooked it up today, it sounded great! my dad says it needs to be quieter, will the quiet core insert decrease horsepowere?

UglyMotha™
12-31-2002, 02:59 PM
yup

did you guys try removing discs, its quieter with less discs

Ryan
12-31-2002, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by UglyMotha
yup

did you guys try removing discs, its quieter with less discs

When you remove the disks your not loosing power are you?

Ex'r Marlin
12-31-2002, 03:36 PM
A short answer is yes... You will loose some power with less discs on there.

The design, if I remember right, is that the less discs will give you more bottom end (torque), while more discs will give you more top end (horsepower). Anyway, I found having the 13 discs runs the best for me... Very loud though!:(

You can play around with the number of discs to see if it affects your riding style.

Good luck!:)

UglyMotha™
12-31-2002, 03:38 PM
it depends, there is a happy medium from that point down you will loose power on most 400's the happy medium is 12 discs on a stock motor according to wb from there you will loose power running 4 discs is supposed to be equivelent to the stock muffler performance wise and a little louder from there when you go up you will only gain power over stock and of course it will get louder

scooter8
12-31-2002, 10:54 PM
If I remember right I read somewhere possibly in the papers they sent with the silencer that 4 disc flow equivelent to a 1.25 inch pipe wich is probably close to your head pipe size.I usually run4- 5 discs in mine in noise sensitive area's.loudness is about half way between stock and twelve disc's.they are easy to add and subtract play with them.

cheetah
12-31-2002, 11:52 PM
Actually I didn't notice much of a noice decrease in taking out disks. I had a quiet core insert. I like it and I didn't fell as though I had lost any power. It hushed it down quite a bit, especially on low end. It still had it's loud roar in the upper rpms though. Up to about 6,000 rpms it was pretty good. I would still have it today, but a slight jar from a banshee to my silencer caused it to break off in my silencer. If you gotta go quieter, I would reccomend it. If you have any specific questions, please feel free to pm me.