PDA

View Full Version : Tranny Problem

Tyler1998
04-16-2009, 06:22 PM
You guys will have to forgive me I don't know much about these machines I need some technical help. I have a 2003 TRX90 and it's got some sort of shifting problem. The clutches are good but when you try to shift it you have to pull the lever two sometimes three times to get it to engage. Both up and down in gears. I removed the engine and the side covers everything seems to be working fine from what I can see. It doesn't shift right when the engine is running or not. The shifting arm seems to get stuck if you bump it usually it will pop back then you can shift. I already tried to adjust the clutch but that had no effect. Any suggestions?

mcatvme
04-16-2009, 07:07 PM
Do you have a manual clutch kit on it??? Wot lever are you pulling??

Tyler1998
04-16-2009, 07:09 PM
No it has the stock clutch on it. The lever I was talking about is the shifting lever.

3-D Racing
04-16-2009, 07:39 PM
If you look under the clutch there is a star shaped cog and just beneath that there is a roller that is supposed to glide in and out of the star shape, it's kinda hard to see and you can only see it from the top side, but some times that little roller can pop out of the grooves. If it is just take a long straight screwdriver and push it back into place, it shouldnt take to much to move it but that is where I would check first...

Tyler1998
04-16-2009, 07:44 PM
That did it I pushed it with the screwdriver and now it shifts fine. Thanks for all your help. I can't beleive it was that simple.