PDA

View Full Version : dealer wants 160.00 to clean carb !!

vindell
04-16-2009, 12:52 PM
have a eton 70, two stroke, dealer says carb circuit dirty ? this is something i can do ? float bowl gasket broken, however does not leak, is this a problem

Young_Gun1
04-20-2009, 04:15 PM
get some carb cleaner and be very careful and it shouldn't be that hard
while you've got it appart you should go ahead and replace all gaskets and seals

vindell
04-20-2009, 06:15 PM
Took carb apart at shop, followed a fellas advice on a how to site, took some time, but I beleive it's clean, sprayed alot, covered a few holes and reprayed, back and forth, cleaned all jets, and what not. noticed bowl gasket is broken, missing around an 1/8 of an inch. also in the cleaning I seemed to have lost a little o ring for the throttle adj screw. Will either of these two thing's decrease performance. The quad seems to take off, great low end then seem's to level out. any other ideas, it's a 2005 eton 70
2 stroker. stock bike. the only thing I did was removed the oil injection system. Must the thing be re=jetted, since the oil system has been removed

Young_Gun1
04-20-2009, 07:59 PM
so you're now running mixed gas correct?
I have never done this but i would think it would require more fuel now cause there is oil in the fuel now too

RATPACK Z400
05-17-2009, 10:49 AM
Let me guess they said we cant do work untill they clean carb? thats the BS they told me to get extra 160.00 out of you.mine was only in to check valves clearance cuss it was tapping.