PDA

View Full Version : setting alignment(toe)

bigbad400
04-16-2009, 11:08 AM
we need a sticky on how to properly set your alighnment. i can get it close but then the bars will be crooked, get the bars right and one wheel is crooked.

how do you set this up so everything will be right? i know the front needs to be 1/4 inch in from the back correct?

can someone give me a run through on this, maybe post a sticky for all to see? the help would be appreciated.

fauxamish
04-16-2009, 11:31 AM
You should try strapping the handlebars to the subframe in the back. That way they cannot turn when you adjust the tie rods.

bigbad400
04-16-2009, 11:51 AM
your idea is ingenious, i cant believe i didnt think of that. any other great ideas?

AZ440ex
04-16-2009, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by bigbad400
your idea is ingenious, i cant believe i didnt think of that. any other great ideas?

I also measure and count threads on both rods to ensure they are the same length. This way if you need to make adjustments for a track or something you can just count the turns of each rod to keep them the same.

Don't forget to set them with your weight on the bike!

DirtMonkey
04-16-2009, 01:38 PM
Heres an article that I was looking at that might help http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=377496&highlight=alignment

bigbad400
04-16-2009, 02:20 PM
that was what i was looking for, thanks a bunch. its gonna have to be my girlfriends weight with a brick in her lap cuz im only one man, luckily i only weigh 135lbs!! thanks alot everybody that really should be a sticky with pictures, maybe a list of adjustments for different applications, such as racing mx or xc, and flat track, trail rider. and maybe in the same sticky go on to adjusting the camber, and whatnot for those of you with fancy a arms.

great info!!!