PDA

View Full Version : Need a good mid to top end pipe.

adamson350r
04-16-2009, 10:36 AM
I am a little confused on which pipe to get. Who do you think make the best mid to top end pipe for a ct 350 powervalve with top end porting?

Kirt13
04-16-2009, 01:10 PM
ESR TRX5 Centermount.
It mounts through the center of your subframe and it has a stinger silencer. Weighs less and keeps the engine at lower temps than traditional silencer. It is very LOUD.
They are tuned for mid to top end.

adamson350r
04-16-2009, 02:18 PM
How do you think the TRX 9 pipe would compare to the TRX 5 pipe. Those Center pipes look pretty sweet. What do you think about taking off the airbox though?

Honda 250r 001
04-16-2009, 02:22 PM
the esr center mount is just all around an awesome pipe. the trx 9 is more hill shooter, but not all the way. but trx 5 will have better low end.

04-16-2009, 02:24 PM
Taking the airbox off depends what type of riding you're going to be doing. If you're going to be mostly dune riding or drag racing some place dry it probably wouldn't be a problem to run the ESR airbox eliminator kit with the centermount pipe. If you trail ride or race motocross you might be better off keeping the airbox on and just running it with the lid off and running a standard style pipe. The TRX5 and TRX9 pipes are gonna be similar with the TRX5 having a bit better bottom end than the TRX9. They are both good mid-top pipes.

adamson350r
04-16-2009, 02:26 PM
What about eliminating the air box. Good or Bad? Pros or Cons? I am more of a hill shooter guy than now that I jump less. What can tell me more about the trx 9 center pipe cant find a picture anywhere even on ESR's website.

adamson350r
04-16-2009, 02:28 PM
8686 didn't get your post in time. Good info Does someone make an eliminator for air box that uses the stock boot. Saw a picture of one on the site but don't know who makes it.

adamson350r
04-16-2009, 02:34 PM
Have another question, how does a center mount pipe compare to a regular mount pipe with a bigger chamber?

01shee
04-16-2009, 03:09 PM
I have a eliminator forsale on ebay that uses the stock boot. Item number: 190300697678

86 Quad R
04-16-2009, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by adamson350r
Have another question, how does a center mount pipe compare to a regular mount pipe with a bigger chamber?

i do believe that the center mounts have a bigger stinger(rear tail i.d) than the regular and helps it flow better, reducing over heating issues that may develope from the higher cc'd engines.

derby
04-16-2009, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by 86 Quad R
i do believe that the center mounts have a bigger stinger(rear tail i.d) than the regular and helps it flow better, reducing over heating issues that may develope from the higher cc'd engines.

Stinger is the same size on the centermount. The new trx5R centermout is actually the old trx6 pipe but made into a centermount that is why they claim more bottom end. The trx9 is going to be similar to the old trx5 but with more topend. The lower exhaust temperatures comes from the shorter stinger length. I dont know whay porting you have but ideal stinger length on most of the motors I have run around the same size as your is about 12 inches. To get that you would have to cut the esr silencer down. If you use a good air filter eliminator kit you will have better throttle response and more power at 3/4 to full throttle. I would not use the esr filter kit. I would buy one of the brackets off of ebay that uses the stock filter and boot.

1promodfan
04-16-2009, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Honda 250r 001
the esr center mount is just all around an awesome pipe. the trx 9 is more hill shooter, but not all the way. but trx 5 will have better low end.

The TRX-9 is NOT a hillshooter. I don't ride up hills, all I do is trail ride, and ride in the open. And all I can say is I love my TRX-9!!! It makes decent bottom, awesome mid-range, and pulls hard on the top.

Honda 250r 001
04-16-2009, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by 1promodfan
The TRX-9 is NOT a hillshooter. I don't ride up hills, all I do is trail ride, and ride in the open. And all I can say is I love my TRX-9!!! It makes decent bottom, awesome mid-range, and pulls hard on the top.

ya man i might have been a little confusing, its more top end pipe than the esr trx 5, but by sacraficing some, prolly a small bit, of bottom end. trx 5 is stuppose to be a all around pipe. more bottom than the trx 9 but a lil less top end.

Kirt13
04-16-2009, 08:36 PM
TRX-5 pipe stinger is very small and a good bit shorter than a silencer. That's why they call it a stinger.
ESR sells the air box eliminator kit and the stinger mounting hardware comes with the exhaust.
Take a look at ESR's website.

adamson350r
04-17-2009, 05:54 AM
Thanks guys. 1promodfan what do you mean buy the trx 9 pipe isn't a hill shooter pipe. Is it more of a hill shooter pipe than the trx 5 pipe and or way less than the trx 11 pipe. Right now I am trying to decide between the TRX 9 and 11 pipe.

Derby I think that is the best set up and I think that is what I am going to do.

Honda 250r 001
04-17-2009, 07:02 AM
unless all you do is drag. the trx 9 would be a better choice imo.

1promodfan
04-17-2009, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by adamson350r
Thanks guys. 1promodfan what do you mean buy the trx 9 pipe isn't a hill shooter pipe. Is it more of a hill shooter pipe than the trx 5 pipe and or way less than the trx 11 pipe. Right now I am trying to decide between the TRX 9 and 11 pipe.

Derby I think that is the best set up and I think that is what I am going to do.

What I mean is.......it isn't just a hill shooter, it definatly could be used for one. From what I've been told, the TRX-5R is a good bottom to mid-range pipe with some top end. The TRX-9 is more for mid to top, with a little bottom. IMO, the TRX-11 is an all out drag/hillshooter pipe. Hope this helps.......

04-17-2009, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by 1promodfan
What I mean is.......it isn't just a hill shooter, it definatly could be used for one. From what I've been told, the TRX-5R is a good bottom to mid-range pipe with some top end. The TRX-9 is more for mid to top, with a little bottom. IMO, the TRX-11 is an all out drag/hillshooter pipe. Hope this helps.......

I would not call the new TRX5R a bottom to mid pipe. The old TRX5 was considered an all around pipe but really it performed like a mid-top end pipe. The new TRX5R is similar to the old TRX5, but with a little better bottom end. The TRX6 and TRX7 are bottom-mid pipes. I think I'm starting to confuse myself!:confused:

1promodfan
04-17-2009, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by 8686
I would not call the new TRX5R a bottom to mid pipe. The old TRX5 was considered an all around pipe but really it performed like a mid-top end pipe. The new TRX5R is similar to the old TRX5, but with a little better bottom end. The TRX6 and TRX7 are bottom-mid pipes. I think I'm starting to confuse myself!:confused:

Thats true^^^^^the new 5R is an all around pipe. I was just trying to tell him that the 9R has a little more top than the 5R. It does get a little confusing after while:D

When I bought my TRX-9 pipe, Eddie tried to get me to buy the TRX-5R. Well, after talking to Tom, he said the TRX-9 has the classic 2-stroke "hit". So, after much debating.........I went with the TRX-9. I wish I could try a TRX-5R just to feel the difference for myself.