PDA

View Full Version : Carb Is Pissing Gas

DEEDS
04-16-2009, 08:14 AM
OK WELL THIS ALL STARTED WITH BLOWING MY HEAD GASKET AST YEAR SO I REBUILT IT WITH A NEW HEAD GASKET AND WELL AFTER TAKING IT FOR 2 RIDE THE HEAD GASKET BLEW AGAIN WE FOUND THE PROBLEM THE STUD WAS STRIPPED FOR THE HEAD SO WE DRILLED AND TAPED IT AND PUT A BIGGER BOLT. SO NOW WE TRY STARTING IT, IT RUN BEARLY AND ITS PISSIN GAS OUT FROM BOTH HOSES FROM THE CARB, NT 100% SURE WHERE BOTH HOSES GO CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT.
HOSE UNDER THE BOWL IS A VENT RIGHT ??
HOSE ON THE SIDE OF THE CARB IS ?????

Newrider08
04-16-2009, 09:00 AM
did you pull your carb off?

I think the only way I have EVER had that happen was when my float was stuck, pull your carb off and give it a good cleaning and check float movement and clearance.

As far as I know that should be the problem

hope that helps

smelly$cat
04-16-2009, 10:13 AM
x2

bigbad400
04-16-2009, 10:19 AM
did it sit with no gas in the carb or with? no gas would lock things up tighter than a virgins *** sitting with gas makes good plugs thow, it starts to congeal, it will look like jello or clumpy applesauce in your carb, id buy a big bottle of carb cleaner and tear it all apart and let it soak for a day or so, 10 min if you want to ride, but to give it a good cleaning let er soak. blow it all out with compressed air, make sure to get the jets good too, you may need to get a new one or 2 if they are plugged. remember that a half *** job will make your unit run half ***, take your time and do it right.