PDA

View Full Version : no front breaks

bigbad400
04-15-2009, 09:44 PM
my front breaks will not work, i bleed em, i got a whole new master cylender, i cleaned em the best i could but nothing not even moving the slide when i grab em they doont do anything what could i be doing wrong? they dont get stiff when i pump them even. there is no visable leaks or airy sounds, bubbly sounds nothing. what should i do??

this all satarted when i changed the pads, i forgot to rmove the lid when pushing in the cylenders, if that makes a dif. but like i said i replaced the master cylender, and cleaned the calipers, were do i go to now?

F-16Guy
04-16-2009, 09:02 AM
Remove the brake line from the master cylinder at the bajo fitting, put your finger over the hole, and pump the lever a couple of times and see if you get any pressure building up. You may have an air bubble in your new master cylinder. You may also want to try a vacuum bleeder to help get all of the entrained air out of the system. Remember to keep the reservoir topped off during the bleeding process so you don't introduce more air.

honda400ex2003
04-16-2009, 10:13 PM
i would try the vacuum bleeding with the tool or just keep pumping. Check the seals in the calipers and at the pistons too. dont forget to hold the lever down to the bar after pumping it up and keep it held till you finish bleeding. Make sure the oil does not stop coming out of the hose before you turn the bleeder either cause it can let air back in. if you are not moving any fluid at all just let it sit with the end open and see if it starts to drain down there. Do the close one then the far one I think:confused:
then once it comes out of one do the other and see what happens brakes suck to work on. good luck steve

ae13291
04-17-2009, 09:31 PM
it helps to tapp the bottom of the master cylinder with a peice of wood with the cap open,so bubbles that are stuck will come up.

Ludicrous Speed
04-18-2009, 11:23 AM
Or, open the bleeder screw on the left caliper, squeeze the lever and then without letting go of the lever, tighten the bleeder. then just open the bleeder and leave it for a while, lettign gravity do its work. Come back every few minutes and check the level of the master, though.

F-16Guy
04-18-2009, 07:28 PM
"It's Spaceball 1; they've gone plaid!!"

"I see your schwartz is as big as mine."

"Comb the desert!"
[two black dudes with a huge pick] "We ain't found sh*t"

Your username made me laugh man.