PDA

View Full Version : Jetting & Suspension ?

levi624
04-15-2009, 12:47 PM
Over the winter I put in an 11.5 to 1 piston and had the head mildly ported. Also done to the motor HMF ironman carbon full exhaust hot cam stage 2 UNI air filter no airbox lid and stiffer clutch springs. When I took took it apart it was running way rich so I jetted down to 165 (was running 167.5). Now its running hot. Jetting or something else any ideas?
Suspension? I know this will sound weird but I am getting to much traction in the rear. I cant get the front end lite I can on pavement but not on dirt. Its not spinning the wheels Im getting great traction and the motor is running great. It doesnt matter what gear or rpm Im in. It has stock swingarm GT thunder mx link and stock shock with GT thunder revalve on the rear on the front is an ARS FX long travel a arms and shocks. I need to get the front lite for some stuff I just dont have any idea what to do?

d3ktrix
04-15-2009, 05:02 PM
Still using the stock carb on ur 05?
If so a 165MJ is way too lean for that setup.
Should be 180+ on the main.

When u took it apart what made you think it was running rich?

levi624
04-15-2009, 05:56 PM
It has the stock carb but I use mikuni jets. I think it was rich because the spark plug was black and because of the wash on the piston.