PDA

View Full Version : 07 OEM plastic on a 04 kicker

benroels
04-15-2009, 11:16 AM
Has anyone bought 06/07 E-Start plastic and put it on their 04/05 kick start version?

I would imagine that all you would need to do is shave out the section for the kick starter.

Thoughts? Thanks.

TJ Bradley
04-15-2009, 11:27 AM
yes your right they fit. The kicker the only prob. just take the old peice off your kicker plastic and change it out.

coryatver
04-15-2009, 12:19 PM
I put a kick start on my ER and i just cut out a notch for it. But if you have the kicker plastic piece you might be able to switch it out on to the new plastic

benroels
04-15-2009, 12:45 PM
Thanks! You guys are awesome. Everytime I have a question about almost anything on this site, people answer the same day! Now that is service! Really - thanks!

So I just ordered up some OEM whites from Yamaha of Troy. $339 to my doorstep.

And with that said, I'll be posting up some decent ORANGE 450R plastics soon!

Lethalhonda2
04-15-2009, 08:10 PM
Your also going to need the gas tank heat shield. The 04-05 mount up differently than the 06+. Just pick up a used one on Ebay.

Rich250RRacer
04-15-2009, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by benroels
Thanks! You guys are awesome. Everytime I have a question about almost anything on this site, people answer the same day! Now that is service! Really - thanks!

So I just ordered up some OEM whites from Yamaha of Troy. $339 to my doorstep.

And with that said, I'll be posting up some decent ORANGE 450R plastics soon!

Why didn't you just buy white kicker plastic? Honda does make it.

big bad beny
04-16-2009, 06:39 AM
The heat shields are different from the 04-05 to 06 and up be cause the valve covers are deferent, and they wont switch over unless you do some serous cutting. Now you might be able to make the 06 and up shield fit fairly easy on a older bike, but the 04,05 cover well take some highly modification to make it work on the new bikes. But by the time you do all that cutting to it, you will be defecting the purpose of the shield. The only reason you need the other shield is cause the fenders mount differently. But the easy fix for this is to buy the fender mount kit form lone stare its only like 10 or 15 bucks.

mymastifftucker
04-16-2009, 09:27 AM
Might be a stupid point, but the headlights are different also!! I did this conversion on a 05 kicker for my nephew and it worked out pretty good. If I remember right (and it might be part of the heat shield) where the front of the rear plastic snaps together right under the back of the tank is different also. The 04-05's have a slotted connection and the 06-07's have a round peg.

benroels
04-16-2009, 01:27 PM
Why didn't I order the kicker white plastic?

They did not have that in stock and would have been almost twice the cost.

Thanks again to all with the pointers on the heat shield etc

TJ Bradley
04-17-2009, 10:07 AM
dude it should bolt right up mine did. I put 07 ER plastic on my 05 and didn't have to do anything but bolt it up and change the kicker peice. Also where the plastic comes up around and meets the tanks just drill two holes on each side and zip tie it to keep your legs from catchin it. Good luck

KEVIN132
04-18-2009, 10:51 AM
all of us run the newer fenders and we have not switched the shield.
it just pushes into the old one fine and never pops out.

benroels
04-18-2009, 11:26 AM
All great suggestions. I should get them early this week. I'll let ya'll know what I thought of the job when I'm finished.

I do know this - I bought a 2008 YFZ that took a tumble and I had to replace the arms, stem and rods. Honda's are much easier to work on.