PDA

View Full Version : Esr Bolt On 330

89rwfo
04-15-2009, 11:13 AM
Has any one had any experience with the bolt on 330 kit from ESR. I want to know the good and the bad before I drop $ 1500 or any other suggestions on 310 or 330 kits on the market.
BTW I am going to be woods racing/riding and some motocross with it.
thanks for any comments

jcs003
04-15-2009, 11:31 AM
welcome to the site.

1promodfan
04-15-2009, 11:49 AM
I haven't had any experience with the 330 kit, but I have the new 310. I have to say, so far I love it!! I was going to go with the 330, but you only get 2 bores with the bolt on 330. With the 310, you get four bores.

Now from what Eddie said, the new cylinder wall is supposed to be a harder metal. He told me when it comes time to put in a new piston, all you have to do it have it honed, and go with the same size piston. (Now all that is considering no damage)

So you should be able to get 2 or 3 piston on the same bore size, before having to actually bore it bigger.

Honda 250r 001
04-15-2009, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by 1promodfan
I haven't had any experience with the 330 kit, but I have the new 310. I have to say, so far I love it!! I was going to go with the 330, but you only get 2 bores with the bolt on 330. With the 310, you get four bores.

Now from what Eddie said, the new cylinder wall is supposed to be a harder metal. He told me when it comes time to put in a new piston, all you have to do it have it honed, and go with the same size piston. (Now all that is considering no damage)

So you should be able to get 2 or 3 piston on the same bore size, before having to actually bore it bigger.

you should be able to get that out of any cylinder, im not doggin the new esr either. Because pistons are tin cans and the cylinder is steel. another thing is it makes it harder to completely seat the rings with the cylinder material being harder. just a thought.