PDA

View Full Version : 25 years from now....

Pappy
04-14-2009, 11:27 PM
The silliest things get me thinking. Tonight, I was looking at my sons ipod and thought back to my first portable radio. It had headphones and am/fm...then the boombox craze hit....some were huge:p

Cell phones were as big as a regular phone as well, now they fit in a shirt pocket with ease.

What to you think things will be like 25 years from now?

blacknblue#2
04-15-2009, 12:03 AM
I often think of the same thing. I laugh at my ol man for typing a number in my cell phone and waiting for it to start ringing without hitting send like a house phone would be. and he always laughs at me for txt messages. he says "by god if i wanna talk to someone i will pick up the phone and call them i dont know why you kids always gotta just type to eachother all day" i laugh at him but i know ill be in the same boat one day

tri5ron
04-15-2009, 12:19 AM
laptops will no longer be laptops.
From a pendant worn like a necklace, you will have your portable pc, in halographic 3d projection to any tabletop you are seated at, with full "touch screen" type controls, within the projected image.

either that,
or,...

the old 8 tracks will make a comeback.

:D :D :D

now can someone here tell me where, and how to set the points on my 400ex ? I'm having a little trouble finding them.

zyoung04
04-15-2009, 01:06 AM
hopefully this me and friends 25yrs from now

blacknblue#2
04-15-2009, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by zyoung04
hopefully this me and friends 25yrs from now

bahahahahaha thats me. with the cheating wife thats doing the indian (walshracing911)

protraxrptr17
04-15-2009, 06:42 AM
I think that some things will be pretty close to the same as they are now, like automobiles and transportation. I think there will be more big changes in communications and technology. Probably something that can integrate with our brain signals so we can make commands or type without pushing buttons. Probably a mouse that follows our eyes. Internet will probably get much faster. Of course cell phones will probably end up being the only piece of electronics we need.

I just wonder when we will figure out something that will make piston engines obsolete. With all the advances we have made, we still use the same basic design that has been around forever. I know there are a few ideas out there, but nothing has really come out of it. Same thing with power generation. We still mostly use steam to turn a turbine which turns a generator.

03pete
04-15-2009, 08:35 AM
What I wonder the most is what kind of music will people be listening to? It seems every generation, the parents' hate their kids' music. I wonder what kind of music I will hate when I decide to have kids?

RaptorRacer45
04-15-2009, 08:48 AM
Why worry about it, the worlds gonna end in 3 years anyway....

LMAO J/K:D

STEVENJANNA
04-15-2009, 08:57 AM
Since music was mentioned, I'll focus a response based on that subject. I am a musician, I love all kinds of music. When I started to form my own taste in music my parents hated my choices and I couldn't understand why, until I started listening to the music that they grew up on. I couldn't appreciate "their" music until I was older and actually started to see how the music that I listened to was directly influenced by their music. It wasn't until recently that I've started listening to music that my kids are listening too, that I understand what my parents were saying about "my" music. In 25 years I think the music will still be the same, just packaged differently (vinyl, 8track, tape, cd, digital, etc.). It'll still make you wanna dance, a concert will still be a concert, parents are gonna still wonder how their kids can listen to that noise and kids are gonna think their parents aren't cool.

atvmaster0927
04-15-2009, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by RaptorRacer45

X2. lol
12/21/2012

F-16Guy
04-15-2009, 09:32 AM
I think we'll just be figuring out that we got scammed with all of the "green" crap from Al Gore back in the early 2000s.:mad:
I just hope that someone breaks the oil monopoly and invents/innovates a new foundation for our energy needs. I think fossil fuels will be with us in various forms for a long time to come, but it would be nice to see a cleaner, renewable source do the heavy lifting.
I've always thought the key would be to find a 100% reliable way to launch spent nuclear material into the Sun or into deep space. I think the reason we don't get rid of it now is that our track record for space missions would make it too risky to transfer the most hazardous materials out of the atmosphere.

Mxjunkie
04-15-2009, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by 03pete
What I wonder the most is what kind of music will people be listening to? It seems every generation, the parents' hate their kids' music. I wonder what kind of music I will hate when I decide to have kids?

If that pig squeeling crap with all the emo kids that dance around in big groups catches on in the future... I'm going to be pissed about that lol :scary:

jcs003
04-15-2009, 10:21 AM
virtual reality will take over all of our recreational activities. REAL fun will be outlawed, because it will be deemed unsafe and bad for the enviroment.

mxtuner
04-15-2009, 10:54 AM
There will be mass amounts of wild animals, obama's gonna ban hunting...

hondariderdylan
04-15-2009, 12:34 PM
HOVERQUADS:D

907Rider
04-15-2009, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by jcs003
virtual reality will take over all of our recreational activities. REAL fun will be outlawed, because it will be deemed unsafe and bad for the enviroment.
I fear that too:(

:ermm: 25 years from now there will be no quads, dirt bikes snowmacines, pwc's or land to enjoy. the environmentalists aka terrorists will stop anything that harms poor overgrown weeds or desert.:rolleyes: And the government will close all land for environmental protection.

Some wonderful future :grr: :mad:

416exfreak
04-15-2009, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
If that pig squeeling crap with all the emo kids that dance around in big groups catches on in the future... I'm going to be pissed about that lol :scary:

Nothing wrong with the BREE'ing. But the "HxC" dancing and scene/emo kids need to get a move on.

Although "HxC" dancers do make good targets...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qHNcCPaBdtM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qHNcCPaBdtM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I prefer this one..:devil:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J_8_HGQOnnI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J_8_HGQOnnI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

L.O.G FTW!:macho

Ralph
04-15-2009, 03:58 PM
Were gonna see a huge surge of nanotechnology.

If you want a super boring read, check out "Dance of the Molecules" by Ted Sargent. Its very boring and technical but its really amazing to see what is currently coming out of the field and what is proposed.

Also check out Prey by Michael Crichton. This book is purely fictional and not possible with foreseeable technology but he sure does a good job making it sound real. This is the same guy who wrote Jurassic Park...

03pete
04-15-2009, 03:58 PM
Lol, I hardcore dance a lot just for fun, even though i think its really dumb. Nothing beats Stiletto- Symphony is Peril

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3oK0mGLtlAE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3oK0mGLtlAE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

jcs003
04-15-2009, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
Were gonna see a huge surge of nanotechnology.

If you want a super boring read, check out "Dance of the Molecules" by Ted Sargent. Its very boring and technical but its really amazing to see what is currently coming out of the field and what is proposed.

Also check out Prey by Michael Crichton. This book is purely fictional and not possible with foreseeable technology but he sure does a good job making it sound real. This is the same guy who wrote Jurassic Park...

"bucky balls" they are the basis for nanotubes and this technology is said to be used for the elevator to the moon.

ZeroLogic
04-15-2009, 04:42 PM
Everyones going to be fat, lazy and stupid. Mexico will cover all of America and we will move into Canada.:o

ricksmx865
04-15-2009, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
Everyones going to be fat, lazy and stupid. Mexico will cover all of America and we will move into Canada.:o

at this rate that pretty much sums it up!

I completely agree!

250r rider 88
04-15-2009, 05:43 PM
the L.O.G wall of death video was nuts, the one guy running right into the middle with his hand in the air deserves a trophy for sure

just insane

631kfx400
04-15-2009, 06:59 PM
BY FAR THE GREATEST MOSHING VID EVER. THESE GUYS ARE MY HEROES:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5VmAD6tpDT0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5VmAD6tpDT0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

S.A.J
04-16-2009, 11:00 AM
your kiding me right ^^:huh

CHAR250R
04-16-2009, 11:41 AM
I know 1 thing...

I'll still have mt 250R!!!

Scro
04-16-2009, 12:44 PM
Hardcore dancing LMAO! That's undoubtedly the dumbest thing I've ever seen.:p It's one thing to mosh, but jumping around punching the air? Give me a break:o

631kfx400
04-16-2009, 12:49 PM
lol its supposed to be a funny video, the guys arnt serious;)

Scro
04-16-2009, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by 631kfx400
lol its supposed to be a funny video, the guys arnt serious;)

The guys in the first video looked pretty damn serious to me;) It's going to be interesting to see the advances in homes and buildings. I saw an article the other day about building cities that float on water...crazy stuff.

What's even more crazy is that space elevator. I couldn't imagine how something like that would be feasible, but who knows.

631kfx400
04-16-2009, 01:49 PM
ooo, i thaught u were talking bout the vid i posted. my bad man:cool:

AbnMP13
04-16-2009, 02:30 PM
Want to know what things will be like in 25 years? Dust off an an episode of Star Trek or the Jetsons.

Warnerade
04-16-2009, 03:33 PM
Hopefully in 25 years, natural selection will kick in on its own, and we'll have nothing left in america but republicans

scuzz
04-16-2009, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Warnerade
Hopefully in 25 years, natural selection will kick in on its own, and we'll have nothing left in america but republicans

I can't wait that long....

AbnMP13
04-16-2009, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Warnerade

We can only pray.......

CNC_guy
04-17-2009, 11:16 AM
My wife and I chatted briefly at Supercross in Indy about this. The sound of purring electric motors coming off the line in the main event just won't hardly be the same as 20 finely tuned hardcore 4-stroke engines screaming to the first turn. I mean, do you ignite those big flaming things and shoot fireworks off for .....wait for it........wait....*puuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*? I'm sorry but I don't what it to be so quiet that I can hear Sally munch her popcorn and Randy slurp his diet coke. I want noise and exhaust fumes damnit!!

kawabunga
04-17-2009, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by CNC_guy
My wife and I chatted briefly at Supercross in Indy about this. The sound of purring electric motors coming off the line in the main event just won't hardly be the same as 20 finely tuned hardcore 4-stroke engines screaming to the first turn. I mean, do you ignite those big flaming things and shoot fireworks off for .....wait for it........wait....*puuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*? I'm sorry but I don't what it to be so quiet that I can hear Sally munch her popcorn and Randy slurp his diet coke. I want noise and exhaust fumes damnit!!

I'm with you! Some things just shouldn't go away.

Old Head
04-18-2009, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by RaptorRacer45

LMAO J/K:D

The thing they forget to tell you is the planets aline on that date every year.:eek:

Ruby Soho
04-19-2009, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by CNC_guy

i agree 100%

i think that motorsports may stick around though. automobiles will probably go electric or whatever, but the amount of cars driving and such impact much more than motorsports do, so they're going to focus on the cars etc.. while motorsports are a huge hobby, so i think that itll be around longer than we think

<DRS>GPF
04-19-2009, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
i agree 100%

i think that motorsports may stick around though. automobiles will probably go electric or whatever, but the amount of cars driving and such impact much more than motorsports do, so they're going to focus on the cars etc.. while motorsports are a huge hobby, so i think that itll be around longer than we think

you never know.. weight and speed could change opinions pretty quick.

when my mom was in her early teens, my grandpa said we'd never go into space.. less than a decade later, man stood on the moon..

even TOS star trek devices look obsolete compared to todays technology..

as for my predictions..
have you seen the movie Red Planet with Val Kilmer?(sp)

he uses a topographical computer that is like a mylar sheet.. rolls up and fits into a tube, etc.
i see that as a future laptop.

petahertz processing speed..

in 50yrs, if we dont destroy ourselves, i believe travel to the edge of space commonplace.. perhaps even vacation packages to orbiting space "hotels" as well..

ZeroLogic
04-19-2009, 09:50 AM
I think all this tech and how its advancing is just nuts. Call me crazy but I rather be born in the 1920s. That way I can live through some of the greatest events on the 20th century.