PDA

View Full Version : 05' STILL wont Run...

spencer_shinn
04-14-2009, 09:09 PM
So, i posted a thread on here about how my stator wires got shredded from the gear on my flywheel. It had an electric start kit on it. I took it all appart, fixed the wires, put everything back together, kicked it for quite some time, it TRYS to start, lights come on, all that, but it wont start up. My dad pulled my behind his formen and we tryed starting it, i drop it into gear and it starts up BARELY and just boggs out, give it gas nothing happens. I'm pretty lost as to what it could be keeping it from starting.

I had my temp light and my ignition unpluged becauase i got new bars, but i hooked them all up so i dont think that has anything to do with it...

any suggestions??
:confused:

Butter
04-15-2009, 12:02 AM
Ok, I'm feeling kinda like a tech guy tonight, lol, so I'll give this a shot. IMO, it sounds like your still not getting any spark, or at least not enough to let the bike run. I would just double check all those wires, and check if you got spark at the plug. Take the plug out, ground it to something, like a bare spot on the frame, etc. and kick it over. Make sure, its got spark, and good spark. Try that, and then write back to see if it works, cause if not, then we know to check on the next solution. Good luck.