PDA

View Full Version : i need urgent blaster help! simple!

MTDman11
04-14-2009, 07:24 PM
ok so today i was riding and my blaster started to run like ****. i let it cool down and noticed little smoke. so i road it home and did the same thing just as a pulled in. let it sit for half hour and took a while to start it with the choke on(this is a 1 kick start up bike) and it stalled out. i think i have a problem with my oil pump. can i just run premix in it? i heard of a block off plate. what does this do?

MTDman11
04-14-2009, 07:34 PM
if it helps i just added a fatty/power core 2 set up unjetted. it ran fine yesterday and most of today

John451
04-14-2009, 07:49 PM
did it backfire or anything before it ran like ****? that happened to mine and it blew the seals out of their places but it smoked like crazy

MTDman11
04-14-2009, 08:05 PM
not at all. just started to run like i was low on gas or something. i had a full tank

predTLD05
04-14-2009, 10:12 PM
dude take the oil injection of!!!!! You dont have to get the oil injection block off plate. take the oil tank off and just plug the oil line going to the carb up. i use a golf tee and and electrical tape and has worked for the past 2 years. the oil injection is just trouble waiting to happen. you said you added exhaust. you need to jet it. oh by the way run your oil 32:1. make sure you tape up the connections at the oil tank when you take it off. if you have any questions i can send you pics. the golf tee is a cheap fix but you can get the block off plate. the golf tee is a clean look cant even tell unless you are really looking at it.

headache
04-15-2009, 09:25 AM
put in a 270 main jet asap. You are losing power and maybe hurting your motor by not jetting after putting that pipe on. Predtld05 is right just cut the lines and plug them and you'll be good. That oil injector is just good for ruining a motor... If your running good oil i'd mix at 40.1

MTDman11
04-15-2009, 12:45 PM
ok do i remove the pump or just plug the lines? i believe the pump is like right near the crankcase cover. its under a plastic cover over crankcase.

predTLD05
04-15-2009, 06:25 PM
*remove the tank under the left rear fender completly.
*unplug the 3 electrical wires going to the tank
* undo the oil line at the tank and insert whatever you think will plug it good. i used a golf tee and 2 tight wraps of electrical tape. *leave all the wires and everthing hooked up at the crankcase thats what the oil block off plate kit is for.
*wrap the electical wires you unpluged off the oil tank under the fender up good just in case you would ever want to use them but i wouldnt suggest it
* remember everything you unhook will be at the rear fender everything else leave alone that is what that block off kit is for.
* mix your gas around 32:1
this has worked on my fiance's bike for 2 years and never had a problem. if this dont work ill tell you how to take the "tors" system out. from what your saying this also maybe your problem. The ''tors'' system is a safty idea from yamaha that just causes problems. your system you are having are a good idea you either have a jetting issue, oil &gas issue, or a ''tors'' issue.

MTDman11
04-15-2009, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by predTLD05
*remove the tank under the left rear fender completly.
*unplug the 3 electrical wires going to the tank
* undo the oil line at the tank and insert whatever you think will plug it good. i used a golf tee and 2 tight wraps of electrical tape. *leave all the wires and everthing hooked up at the crankcase thats what the oil block off plate kit is for.
*wrap the electical wires you unpluged off the oil tank under the fender up good just in case you would ever want to use them but i wouldnt suggest it
* remember everything you unhook will be at the rear fender everything else leave alone that is what that block off kit is for.
* mix your gas around 32:1
this has worked on my fiance's bike for 2 years and never had a problem. if this dont work ill tell you how to take the "tors" system out. from what your saying this also maybe your problem. The ''tors'' system is a safty idea from yamaha that just causes problems. your system you are having are a good idea you either have a jetting issue, oil &gas issue, or a ''tors'' issue.

thanks man. now that i am running premix is running good again. i think the pump fried because it stopped smokeing. i caught it just in time.

predTLD05
04-15-2009, 10:32 PM
your welcome man. just make sure all your electric connection are sealed up good. if you ever want to sell it people want to make sure everything is still there. and definitly make sure that what ever you used on the oil line wont let anything in or out and make sure it stays in there. alot of people when they get a blaster take the oil injection off. its just a problem waiting to happen.