PDA

View Full Version : NY riders check this out

12-31-2002, 06:39 AM
Your gettin robbed in NY..:(

http://www.syracuse.com/news/poststandard/index.ssf?/base/news-6/1040636150132670.xml

tom400ex
12-31-2002, 07:18 AM
thats sucks. sobody better do something about that. they are robbing us!!!! THOSE *******S!:grr :grr :grr

joeroadking
12-31-2002, 07:29 AM
wow that is bullchit! thats why I stopped paying in MA seems like the only thing the plates were good for was to help the envormental police identify you ,no trails, such a scam now I go to NH and pay I think it was like $70.00 and check this out they upped the fee to "pay for atv inforcement," so let me get this straight you pay to register, so there will be more cops to break my nuts while I ride for the one day off I get a week,last time I rode I got stopped three times in a 4 hour period for no reason, just to check my sticker, my buddy bought a good size piece of land up north can you say private property. seems like it is the only place left to ride .:grr

12-31-2002, 07:30 AM
:(

Live2Ride300
12-31-2002, 07:42 AM
That sux, Im sick of that kinda sht. Here in NH they doubled our registrations costs, its now like 60 bux or something, and we dont get any new trails. Its bs. The snowmobilers have miles and miles of trails, while we get sht, money from atv registrations is going to these snowmobile trails, err:mad:

MEL
12-31-2002, 08:54 AM
it used to be 10 dollars a year to register your atv, with half going to a trail fund. but, as you've read we got robbed. their new plan is to raise the registion fee to 20 dollars a year so that half can goto a trail fund and the other to the general fund. taqlk about getting bent over.

12-31-2002, 10:06 AM
Yea, that is bs:mad: , See how they mentioned michigan, and shows how reatarded NY is, I still ride on private property if I have to screw em.

12-31-2002, 10:08 AM
And they wonder why atv rider's on private property getting caught so much and get in trouble, cuz there are no trails really besides on our property and etc, that the state lets us use ne ways

DEAL
12-31-2002, 10:19 AM
We're suposed to have our machines registered and such up here too, Its alot of $$, So I don't bother registering mine.

tants
12-31-2002, 10:28 AM
:grr

knighttime
12-31-2002, 11:25 AM
u guys r gettin cornholed ,i suggest before buying any lubricant that u move out of the state

Giz400ex
12-31-2002, 11:38 AM
Well, you can ***** all you want about it and it doesn't matter!! Everyone and I mean everyone is getting screwed on something. It meaning taxes, insurance for autos ect.... we are all getting screwed on something. Why not add something else!!!! its the name of the game people. If ya can, laugh at it and try to screw them back twice as hard, but don't get caught.:D

Ryan
12-31-2002, 01:27 PM
Thats just plain bullsh#t. They basically lied to us. I have noticed that also that in NY alot of people are getting in trouble on quads/dirtbikes because they have no where to ride anymore. Some places are even closing down and they didn't even budge or "Budget" to help :grr . Over by me they are so fed up with riding in private property that they raised the impoundment fees to $1,500 Other then $500. Stay on your word and give us a place to ride, you wouldn't get so many problems!

kc 300EX
12-31-2002, 02:12 PM
:(
I've never registered my quad, and I never will until I have a reason. If they wanna put my money towards new trails, well **** take it all! But whats the point if it's not going towards trails??? All they want is your damn money, however they can get. If you aren't paying them for a registration then they want to fine you for not having one. Where does all that money go? Obviously not to new trails.

Jay300ex
12-31-2002, 03:25 PM
Tell us NY residents something that we dont know already :(. I would laugh if the fee goes up, since we have I think a 40% overall tax increase.

Jay

upstate rider
12-31-2002, 03:31 PM
How ture it is , we could have some of the nicest place to ride too.

Ryan
12-31-2002, 03:42 PM
Well what going to be the solution to this problem, now that its news im sure they are gonna have to make up for this that everyone is very pissed off about it?

QuadTrix6
12-31-2002, 04:58 PM
:grr :grr :grr

kc 300EX
01-01-2003, 12:32 AM
Imagine if they made just a few systems of trails, a few powerlines, couple hundred miles. How hard is it really?? You know we want it, you know we need it, you know we would ride there rather than out running neighbor dickhole with his shotgun.

4punksdad
01-01-2003, 05:05 AM
i am a former NYer and I will never move back there............too many democrats & uptight jerks in that state. I say we level the entire state & turn it into one big car wash. :o

Guy400
01-01-2003, 05:18 AM
I never thought I'd say this but, "Thank God I live in Ohio!" I just paid $7 and some change for a 3 year ATV license that allows me into all state land and I can ride on secondary roads.

Giz400ex
01-01-2003, 08:51 AM
Comparing to other states we get the shaft pretty good here. So anything that involves more money to take from us?? we're use to that!!! Its the NY way!! And 4punksdad, your right, to many politics (spelling) here. If it wasn't for my family and friends, I wouldn't be here.

4punksdad
01-01-2003, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Giz400ex
Comparing to other states we get the shaft pretty good here. So anything that involves more money to take from us?? we're use to that!!! Its the NY way!! And 4punksdad, your right, to many politics (spelling) here. If it wasn't for my family and friends, I wouldn't be here.

hey giz..........say hi to my family up there every once in awhile for me will ya?

killed300ex
01-01-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Giz400ex
Comparing to other states we get the shaft pretty good here. So anything that involves more money to take from us??

Woa at least your registration is cheap lol in june i buy a 12 month reg sticker and it costs $58 :eek: And most of that money iv heard goes inot the snowmobile trail grooming (trails that wheelers cant ride on at all snow season or not) You think you get the shaft plus we cant ride on any roads i cant wait to move from nh yea its a tax free state but then you pay up the ***** on half the other stuff
killed

Giz400ex
01-01-2003, 11:58 AM
4punks, I'll try but I believe they'll think I'm somekind of wacko or something. You never know around here, its getting weirder and weirder around here. Ask your family, they'll tell ya!!

Giz400ex
01-01-2003, 12:06 PM
When I say we are getting the shaft, we are getting the shaft. I really don't have to think about it, I know it!! We can't ride roads either. Really, the only places you can ride is places that you know somebody that owns the property or friends of the person. Everywhere else is at your own risk!! Which is not a problem but it can. As time goes on it will be tougher and tougher to find a place to ride.

kc 300EX
01-01-2003, 04:20 PM
Did you know its illegal to operate any ATV anywhere in the state of NY without it being registered:eek:
Even on your own property!
NY is cool huh, go to the DMVs website nad read some of the wacko laws about quads, see how many youve broken without ever noticing or thinking that it could possible be illegal

Giz400ex
01-01-2003, 04:46 PM
I'm really not sure about the part on being on your own property!! If so, you would have to be a real prick to the cops in order for it to be illegal. But, my friend has had cops on his property and they didn't say anything and my friend was being pretty nasty to them. I don't know???

kc 300EX
01-01-2003, 07:32 PM
This is right off the DMV website: Must I register my All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV)?

An all-terrain vehicle (ATV) is any self-propelled vehicle that is manufactured for use on off-highway trails. These vehicles are less than 70 inches wide and weigh less than 1,000 pounds.

You must register an ATV to drive the vehicle on public or private property in NYS. ATVs used only for agricultural purposes or not-for-hire snow removal on private property do not require a registration. NYS accepts out-of-state registrations for ATVs.

You can see more info here: DMV site (http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/dmvfaqs.htm)
just scroll down

killed300ex
01-01-2003, 07:36 PM
well he is the solution carry a hoe with you at all time and tell them your going ot seek your gardens lol looholes are great
killed

MEL
01-02-2003, 09:44 AM
this is right from their web site. ATV REGISTRATION
An ATV must be registered with the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) if it is operated anywhere in New York State, including on the owner's property. The exception is that ATVs used only for agricultural purposes, or for snow plowing (except for-hire plowing), are exempt from the registration requirement.

F-16Guy
01-02-2003, 01:11 PM
I hope AZ never gets that bad. I mostly ride in Nevada, about 45 miles north of Vegas (Moapa/Overton), best riding in the world in my opinion. The bottom line is this: Registration fees=revenue, registration fees + fines (ultimately the result of a lack of designated OHV areas promised by the state)= more revenue. Law makers are not stupid when it comes to finding new ways of bilking the public out of their hard earned money. Until people stop complaining on forums and do something, it will only get worse. This is a wonderful country, but there are many GREEDY elected officials that like the way the inside of your wallet feels, and this is a great way for them to earn a little extra cash under the guise of saving the environment. I hope you NY riders do something about your situation.

Sparks425Ex
01-02-2003, 01:22 PM
I live in oswego county about 20 mins outside of syracuse and all i can say as it sucks. I mean ATVs have never really been welcome around here. We don't really care now. We are sick of this crap. I haven't registered in 4 years. But if a cop trys to stop me. I don't. If they ever figure out a way to stop me then all i can say is. If NYS made trails like they aresssupposed to then i wouldn't have to ride the roads toget places.

I can't wait. Another 3 years and I will be moving to either, PA, Ohio, Ma, Va, or Wv. What do you guys recommend?