PDA

View Full Version : rebuilding works shocks

cheaptecate
04-14-2009, 11:54 AM
I just picked up a beat 250x that had some serious money put into it at one time but now is ready to have serious money put into it again. It has works shocks all around it. The rear is a single spring with a remote resavor(sp) and feels good. The front two are a dual spring with no remote. They feel like pogo sticks. They seem to still have a charge in them because when I checked at the valve stem, high pressure air came out. Where can I get replacement parts for these. I looked at my Dennis Kirk mag and found these shocks for sale but not rebuild parts. It said that they are rebuildable so there must be parts somewhere.
Thanks
Mike

coryatver
04-14-2009, 12:12 PM
you will probley have to call works directly and they will hook you up with the bushings, seals, oil and whatever or send them to a shock builder like gt thunder they can get the parts you need and take care of them for you.

cheaptecate
04-18-2009, 07:52 AM
Well, I took one to work and took it apart. All the guts looked good but the shaft was bent. I got it pretty straight and put it back together. What oil do most use. I put ATF in it and it feels OK. The oil that came out was almost like water. Also, are these charged with niitrogen. When I took them apart a lot of air came out but they don't have a seperate bladder for nitrogen. Is the whole shock pressureised.
Thanks
Mike