PDA

View Full Version : 08 kawie 90 front brake issues

GreenMachineMan
04-14-2009, 08:33 AM
Can anyone help me with this problem?I have a 08 kawie 90 andever since the factory front brakes have been replaced the machine has no front brakes , I mean zero,I have replaced the pads and the brake cables at the same time.Just seems like the cables are about an inch too long.Not sure what else to try.

LT80
04-16-2009, 06:50 AM
Did you compare the cables?
There should be adjustments on them. I'm unsure of what the Kymco's have, the LT80's have adjustments on each end.

GreenMachineMan
04-16-2009, 07:31 AM
Yes,they are idenical to O.E.M. cables.The brake lever has 2 adjustment srews on it,even with them turned out all the way there still zero brakes.Seems like the cables are an inch or so too long.Currently i'm experimenting with some split shot fishing weights crimped onto the cables at the slack adjusters on the brake lever.Really don't know what else to try short of taking it to the dealer.

airmobile101
04-18-2009, 05:50 PM
Ok, so you back out both of the knobs(adjusters on the brake handle). They have to be backed out to tighten the brakes. Also, if you removed that pivot arm where the brake cable attaches to the hub, chances are you didnt put that arm in its proper location. Its that piece that has the splines. Hope that helps.

GreenMachineMan
04-18-2009, 06:48 PM
Yes both adjusting Knobs are all the way out and still nothing,and I havn't removed the pivot arms because it looks like they would hit part of the hub assembly.I will check on that again though just to make sure.Thanks