PDA

View Full Version : What jets for Eton 70

86trizinger
04-13-2009, 06:27 PM
Well since my youngest son is too small for the Eton 70 we have... My oldest son took it a little ride.. Carb is a little off jetting wise.

Heres what it has:
70cc high compression top end 20 minutes on it
Upgraded intake and reeds.
21 mm carb .
38 Pilot jet
92 Main jet

Some clutch spring and rollers were changed.. I am going to take that apart tomorrow to see whats it in.. Reaches full speed pretty quick but not all that fast.. Seems like it should have a little more but the carb mixture screw is almost all the way in and it has a funny idle. Adjusting the screw does very little.

Need some help on figuring out where to start with the jets..

TeamNeilson
04-14-2009, 08:42 PM
I'm not the best person in the world for jetting, but both of those jets you mentioned sound very lean to me. What color is your plug when you do a full throttle plug chop? It should be chocolate brown and chalky, ideally. If the idle screw isn't doing anything, it could either be plugged with gunk, or its too small.

My son's 70CC eTon, with a mild tune has the following:

21mm OKO Carb:
#21 Needle on Clip Position #2
42 Pilot Jet
110 Main Jet
1 to 1.25 turns on Air Screw

Both of my trusted motor builders tell me that if the motor runs like a scared rabbit, then shut it down and check the plug. haha.

86trizinger
04-14-2009, 08:58 PM
plug is definitely wet when i pull it.. It also will not idle stable.. it will idle high for a minute after riding then settle down a little and then stall out.. It seems like it runs best when the mixture screw is only 1/4 turn out or less.. I know something is up.... just not sure what exactly..

Carb is clean.. I checked that 3 or 4 times now. Ill try one of the other jets i have sitting on the shelf and see... The ones I have are definitley a little bigger then whats in it.

TeamNeilson
04-14-2009, 09:03 PM
I have the exact same problem with my 70cc at the moment.. My motor builder suggested going up in pilot jet from 45 to 48.

When the bike dies right out at idle, is the plug still wet? Mine is not.

86trizinger
04-14-2009, 09:18 PM
ill check that tomorrow afternoon.

86trizinger
04-16-2009, 04:34 PM
GOT IT FIXED.. moved the needle position up one to the middle position.. Idles perfect now... Thanks for your help