PDA

View Full Version : Slightly bent subframe

Crankshaft
04-13-2009, 06:13 PM
It's just enough that I notice. Bent it in a little race fender bender a while back. Any suggestions on how to straighten it out? Or am I better off replacing the F bombing thing?

Simon MX49
04-13-2009, 09:30 PM
I rode with mine tweaked for a solid year and a half. I flat landed an uphill HARD as hell one day and I think it snapped, but I didnt notice till a wooped out straight away, at which point my head pipe snapped. I put another stock one on, bent it a month later, and sold it like that a year and a half later. Just depends on how hard you crash once its already bad. If you got the money go with the JB 6pt

Crankshaft
04-15-2009, 07:05 PM
Cool thanks. I guess I'll have to ride hard and break it so I can justify a new 6 pt.

moisey_4
04-21-2009, 12:26 AM
You can easily straighten the subframe on the yfz for now so that it doesn't look ugly from the rear. Just take off your rear plastic and airbox, stick a long pipe through the subframe (sort of like a lever) and push down whichever way it needs to go. It will creak and twist straight. don't overdo it though, it'll just go the other way. I have fixed mine several time like that already. When it bends, it doesn't really bend but just twists and becomes kind of like a propeller, if you know what i mean. The only way to stop that is to put braces on the stock one or if you race, a 6 point subframe will be stronger. Braces are much cheaper, and work well if you don't do any really hard riding (racing).