PDA

View Full Version : Banshee rear shock as a no link set up for the R

rigger
04-13-2009, 04:26 PM
I keep digging but I can not find the info I am looking for. I know I have read somewhere before about taking a Banshee rear shock and bolting onto a 250R and deleting the linkage.

I just can't find the post again. I just did read about somebody that had read the samething too.

So does anybody know if this really works or not? Does it fit and does it handle decent or is it a waste of time.

04-13-2009, 04:49 PM
I have never tried it but my opinion is that if it worked good you would see a lot of people doing it. I vote to stick with the stock linkage.

rigger
04-13-2009, 05:06 PM
That was kind of my thoughts to. I am just trying to do some digging on stuff I have read about in the past for my project R.

Get all my notes together and try to make a decent ride with out spending tons of $$ on it that I don't have anyway.

ZSNOW
04-13-2009, 05:10 PM
why would you want to get rid of the linkage?

rigger
04-13-2009, 05:37 PM
From what I have read, some people like the no link set up and others like the linkage set up. Guess it is just personal styles.

I was thinking if there was a cheap way to try it, like getting a Banshee rear shock and bolting it up, then I could try it both ways in the same trail and see what happens.

If it really an easy swap out, then take both set ups to the same trail, do a few loops and then swap it all out for the other set up and go again.

But if it is not worth messing with, then I will scratch that idea.

I just know that I have read about it somewhere and the fact that I can't find where I have is bugging me. So that is why I am asking about it again here.

Master LTR450
04-15-2009, 02:28 AM
cant tell you anything about it but if you decide to go this route let me know. i have a custom axis shock for a banshee i would sell rather cheap. i think it needs service but not positive

factoryX
04-15-2009, 04:18 AM
I would like to know banshee shocks are dirt cheap...lol

rigger
04-15-2009, 05:26 AM
It will be a good while before mine R is even a ridable machine. I have been doing a lot of digging trying to find decent set ups for it that don't cost a ton of cash. I may try and pick up an old Banshee shock off of ebay just to play with. Just find a dirt cheap one to see what it looks like when it is on the atv.

I don't know if it will even really work or not because I can not find where I had read about this before but one advantage I can see it would provide is droping a little weight off the machine and gaining a little ground clearance from not having the linkage hanging down.

I had a Banshee once before, just for a short while, and that low hanging linkage use to hang me up on stuff all the time.