PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Predator upgrades?

warthoga5
04-13-2009, 03:52 PM
Alright, I just got to go out with my new 06 Preddy for the first time. I really liked it, it has a lot of top end power, but since I only ever ride sand, mainly climbing hills, I think some modifications are in order. Right now it is completely stock and I am looking into changing the air intake system to either Rath Racings or use the Civic modification, probably drop a tooth in the front sprocket, and get a new slip-on pipe, then re-jet and adjust the carb accordingly. So what do you guys think about the current plan and what are the pipes that work the best for my situation? As I said, I will be using my bike for mainly dunes, some trail riding, little to no MX and my elevation is around 400ft. Thanks!

birdman7389
04-13-2009, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by warthoga5
Alright, I just got to go out with my new 06 Preddy for the first time. I really liked it, it has a lot of top end power, but since I only ever ride sand, mainly climbing hills, I think some modifications are in order. Right now it is completely stock and I am looking into changing the air intake system to either Rath Racings or use the Civic modification, probably drop a tooth in the front sprocket, and get a new slip-on pipe, then re-jet and adjust the carb accordingly. So what do you guys think about the current plan and what are the pipes that work the best for my situation? As I said, I will be using my bike for mainly dunes, some trail riding, little to no MX and my elevation is around 400ft. Thanks!

You got it down. I have the Rath intake and Pro-Circuit slip-on, on my 06 Pred. At pismo dunes with AMS Aerospeeds, it is pretty even with the piped 450's and almost catches my buddys stock Rappy 700.....

My 525 Outlaw on the otherhand, just rejetted, otherwise stock down to the filter....pulls on that 700 :D EDIT: I have Skat-Trak edges also, he has sand skates.

Congrats though, the Pred is a solid machine, and there are some parts out there, more than the Outlaws anyway.

warthoga5
04-13-2009, 06:39 PM
Is your pro circuit a T-4? I had one of those on my last quad, a 400ex that I sold a few years back. If I remember correctly they add a bit to the low end power, was your experience the same?

birdman7389
04-13-2009, 07:13 PM
Mine is a T-4. I like it ALOT. It seemed to do all around, and lots on the bottom. Wheelies at will.

I wish I could find one for the Outlaw :(