PDA

View Full Version : anybody heard of RD carb jets?

ae13291
04-13-2009, 03:10 PM
my local cyclegear sells these jets, they go for $2.99 a piece i dident all it says on the jet is 160RD i cant find any info on this company online. i dident notice the 155 i have in it now is a RD name brand. these are the main jets im talking about. it said it was for a keihin carb

Newrider08
04-13-2009, 03:14 PM
Yeah the company is Precision Engineering, I have them in 138 - 160 or so, work the same as keihin jets as far as I can tell and they are just sold to dealers in bulk packs so they sell them individually and use them in the shops, they also go by EBC too

http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/Dynojet_-_Mikuni_-_Keihin_jet_sizes_conversion

Newrider08
04-13-2009, 03:19 PM
3) Precision Engineering - Also sold under the names 'RD Precision Engineering' and 'Freeman Automotive' - All are marked with an 'AB' on the jet. Like Dynojet, measured in mm, but come in .025mm increments.

ae13291
04-13-2009, 03:25 PM
thanks for the quick response, so those companys have similar flow #'s? is RD jets different flow then keihin jets?

Newrider08
04-13-2009, 03:33 PM
as far as I know the jetting numbers are identical except RD sells in 025mm increments. So for example in keihin you would have a number like 1.125 and RD # would be 112.5 because they sell theirs in 1/4 increments instead of 1.0

I know it all sounds confusing lol, basically just use it lol, I have used them for years because the local shop has a HUGE box of them and they work great, if anything it may have a hair in difference as its a different company but they work fine and are a direct replacement for keihin carbs

ALSO one thing I will tell you from my recent experience with them, the pilot jets are usually a different series so they will be a little bit longer than stock pilots but the extra length is just from the thread out and it makes no difference in operation just dont try to tighten it down more than seating it

ae13291
04-13-2009, 04:33 PM
oh ok, thanks, the pilot on there is a 26 series i think, its a little longer but its hard to find the stock size thats a 21 i think, but the pilot on there now is a keihin, i just installed the 160 rd main jet, the jetting feels alot better now, much more responsive, pulls like a gorilla. i guess i was running lean with the 155