PDA

View Full Version : 04 KFX 400 with G Force axle...Free spinning nut? Video

CGCinc
04-13-2009, 02:18 PM
I just bought this 04 KFX 400 and the previous guy put a G Force axle on it.... I noticed this nut spinning and not sure how to fix it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKIVs0mCp1I

The threaded part and the nut are locked together and just spin in the same place?

YOURADHERE
04-13-2009, 02:28 PM
The G Force axle has a cir-clip that sits on the axle right inside the threaded section. Loosen the allen screw on the nut, get a wrench big enough for the nut and something that will fit on that flat spot to grab the threaded piece and turn the two to separate them. This will make the whole nut/threaded peice wider, pushing against the cir-clip on the axle and therefore keeping your axle in place.

CGCinc
04-13-2009, 02:33 PM
Awesome! Thank you... Now I won't die!:p

jeremyj
04-14-2009, 08:24 PM
Ok im thinking about getting this axle. What else do i need to buy if i get this axle. I mean any nuts or anything like that

ifixtheyride
04-15-2009, 10:05 AM
You wont need anything as long as your carrier is in good shape it comes with all hardware. You can't beat the price and it is strong. The torque on that nut is not very high by the way not like the original ones the C clip does the job the speed nut holds it in place.

CGCinc
04-15-2009, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by ifixtheyride
The torque on that nut is not very high by the way not like the original ones the C clip does the job the speed nut holds it in place.

Thanks for that! SO.... since I can't find the torque specs anywhere, do you think a good snugging and let it ride would work?

ifixtheyride
04-15-2009, 02:42 PM
yeah i think its only 20 ft lbs so just snug it then lock it with the allen screws