PDA

View Full Version : Massachusetts Riders...

siberthugd
12-30-2002, 10:52 PM
As I'm sure most Mass. riders are aware, the Government does not appreciate riders on land that is not theirs. Why? Because they just want somethng else to b*tch about. Thats just the way Massachusetts is, like it or not. A couple of friends of mine and myself are looking to start a "members only" ATV Club (quads, bike, off road gokarts, etc). We will set up a website, and have regular club meetings, as well as "ride days", events, and tech sessions. Here is our plan. As a member there will be an annual fee. The fee will pay for us to get full LIABILITY INSURANCE which we hope to use to persuade land owners to let us use their property for riding (provided that liability is their concern). Before all this happens, we will be contacting multiple owners of the already popular riding spots in the area to see if this is something they would consider. We are also making this post because we wanna see how many people (in Ma. and surrounding areas) would be interested in joining a club that would enable them to ride in legally designated areas. As a member you will recieve copies of the "Proof of Insurance" and copies of the "Permission Slips" given by the landowner. Please post any and all replies of INTEREST ONLY! Thank you. Contact info: siberthugd@aol.com

Knight440
12-31-2002, 08:20 AM
Keep me posted on this i will show this post to some freinds of mine.

PS: where about's on the Cape do you live we head down the a few times a year mostly ride down at the bridge in bourne at the airforce base...... Knight

joeroadking
12-31-2002, 08:28 AM
let me know ! :D I am have many friends that would join.

2000ex
12-31-2002, 01:09 PM
I would certainly be interested in this as well.

From the looks of where you guys are from, it seems that we all could all benefit from this. I dont know about you, but driving 2 - 3 hours to western mass to ride on LEGAL state trails is absurd. The state wants us to pay to register our machines, yet does nothing for people within the eastern/south part of the state. I am sure that the majority of ATV's purchased are by people around this area, yet we need to drive 2 hours one way to ride on legal land.

:grr

Count me and about 15 of my riding buddies IN!

Knight440
12-31-2002, 01:41 PM
Do the word's Myles Standish State Forest mean any thing to you guys I remeber back in the good old days when it was ok to ride there that place was great. MOUNTAIN BIKERS! they get the hole f'n Cape to ride on why don't the just stay there!!!!!!

Turbo B
12-31-2002, 02:15 PM
Well it seems to me that there may be some interest out there in a riding group. When Syberthugd and I last spoke, we agreed that we would contact some pit owners and the like to test out the feasability of them letting us ride on their land, provided we could relieve them of the associated liability to themselves. The only trump card we will have with them is if we can provide proof of insurance, as well as to show to them that we have the integrity to respect their land. So basically, we need a show of hands if we start a riding "club" and have land access, who would be willing to contribute a small monetary donation to cover the "dues" necessary to support our efforts in obtaining ridable areas? I can get info on the costs of liability insurance from my agent, but I suspect such a policy to be around $600.00/year which means that we would need a fair amount of guys involved to make it affordable. I will begin contacting the principals of the various riding areas that we would want access to as soon as I can. In the meantime, post suggestions, replies, and recommendations. If you have a riding area that you either know is private property or aren't sure, PM me and we can make arrangements to try to persuade us access.

shee dawg
12-31-2002, 03:48 PM
You can count me in and also the group of guys that I ride with including Knight400EX.

Turbo B
12-31-2002, 03:59 PM
Anyone else?
-Brian

joeroadking
12-31-2002, 04:08 PM
plymouth huh we used to ride down off route 3 near the power lines next to the highway we would park over by the dump off I think it was it exit 5? been about 5 yers since I been down there we would ride all over the place I realize it was prob not legal but, It was never a problem do you ever ride in the place I am talking about still any riding down there s ? there was a pond and a few really good sand hills on the powerlines , plenty of trails as well.

Turbo B
12-31-2002, 09:44 PM
We usually ride at the power lines off of exit 2, route 3. Last weekend we got pinched by the EPA so lay low for a while. We were riding the pit we always go, got nabbed for tresspass in a watershed area. As we got written up, a guy walks by with his feces spuing dog and the EPA cop does nothing!
Originally posted by joeroadking
plymouth huh we used to ride down off route 3 near the power lines next to the highway we would park over by the dump off I think it was it exit 5? been about 5 yers since I been down there we would ride all over the place I realize it was prob not legal but, It was never a problem do you ever ride in the place I am talking about still any riding down there s ? there was a pond and a few really good sand hills on the powerlines , plenty of trails as well. :huh

rider250ex
12-31-2002, 10:17 PM
i would defineatly be interested. me, my dad, my bro, and all of his friends are always lookin for places to ride and i think they would join.

siberthugd
01-01-2003, 12:13 AM
Well Turbo, looks like we might have a club on our hands :cool: ... What we also need to know (roughly) is how much would members be willing to spend yearly on a membership fee. This will help Turbo and I determine how many people are needed to start this. So far with the people mentioned on this post we have at least 10 people, which for a $600 policy would put us at $60 each for the year. Thats not bad in my eyes, how about everyone else? That's less than the fines we got last week, huh TURBO???!!! LOL... For $60 knowing that we're safe from fines and more harrassment, I just assume pay it. Anyone else???!!!

Turbo B
01-01-2003, 07:58 AM
Siberthugd, you make a good point, the dues would be less than the fines:rolleyes:. As soon as I have a concrete idea of the costs, I will post them. In the meantime, it may be a good idea for those who have responded to this post to either PM or e-mail myself or Siberthugd so that we may get names and information on the people who would like to join. That way we can begin to get organized. After that, we can start making arrangements to all get together to go riding and maybe have our first informal meeting. When you respond, suggest a time and place for us to meet where obviously we could also ride. I know that I am willing to drive to where ever is convienent for others, especially if it is a "safe" riding spot.
-Happy New Year!

quadman22
01-01-2003, 08:29 AM
count me and a few more of my riding buddies in. one of the main trails in the state forest comes into my backyard so i can ride all over in my state forest but it isn't that big so i really want other places to ride.

Turbo B
01-01-2003, 12:19 PM
Quadman22, I noticed that your selling your Mojave. Thinking about an EX?

quadman22
01-01-2003, 03:28 PM
Turbo B... I just sent you a PM. yes i do want a 400ex. are you selling yours?

Knight440
01-01-2003, 03:38 PM
quadman22

If it don't work out for ya PM me I got one I might want to sell you can see it here

http://www.geocities.com/knightsounds_2000/400ex.html

It's a 02 with about 25hrs on it.

And a lot of goodies

I live in MA

siberthugd
01-01-2003, 10:46 PM
Hey Knight400EX... I'll trade you my 2002 Honda 250EX for that!! LOL... Let me know if your that foolish... (J.K.) Seriously, I want one. Let me know how much you wanna sell for... Also, you know anyone who wants a 250EX? Need to upgrade... Also Guys, I'm starting to put together a webpage for a "club". Slowly but surely it'll get done, so when we're ready it's as good as launched... ****Anyone up for early riding on the Upper Cape this Sunday? Around 8 or 9 AM in Bourne. Post a reply or e-mail me... siberthugd@aol.com I'm going to ride until around 1PM, but others can stay later. Make sure you leave your e-mail. I will send out directions. Also let me know if your "weather dependant". I'll ride in any weather conditions. I will say we can meet at 9AM at the IHOP (Intenational House Of Pancakes) on the Cape side of the Bourne Bridge. Any takers???? :D

Turbo B
01-02-2003, 06:07 AM
Siberthugd, I may take you up on riding Sunday. I have to get some preventative maintenance done on my quad Saturday including new brakes, and install a new set of bars due to the fact that the ones on there were "re-engineered" for me by Josh's brother. I'll give you a call. Hey, I ordered my 39 FCR this past Monday!

siberthugd
01-02-2003, 08:29 AM
Yeah Turbo... I'm going in the Forest by my house, just cuz I don't want anymore trouble... If you wanna come thats great. I gotta get some "repair things" as well... LOL... Ordering some stuff today... Anyone else wanna ride?

Turbo B
01-03-2003, 08:04 AM
Just posted a reply that relates to this thread. Check it out in the "Where to ride" section of the site. It has to do with the information that I got about the club's insurance policy.
-Later.

DeDo
01-03-2003, 12:47 PM
finally...

i just came across this thread - i am in rhode island and interested...

please keep me in the info loop as to what/where/when...

thanks

dedo

01-03-2003, 04:19 PM
I replied to this in the other thread..

Let me know abotu the website, I've been itching to make another one, just gotta get my server back up..:p

01-05-2003, 10:45 AM
bump