PDA

View Full Version : Anybody taking their kids to Hatfield McCoy?

dwhst9
04-13-2009, 11:53 AM
I know the majority of the miniquads on here race, but is there anybody taking their kids to trail ride at Hatfield McCoy this year? Our Scrambler 90 has been at Browning Fork and Little Coal River. Little Coal River is definitely easier to ride on for the little guys.

dwhst9
04-14-2009, 01:27 PM
Looks like I'm the only one lol.

quaddad90
04-15-2009, 12:19 PM
We have intentions of heading to H&M this season. We are trying to figure out if we want to go for their Fall Rally or just head down there sometime in May or June.

My son's on a Predator 90 slightly modified to run some D6 events this year. However, the muffler is still stock and legal for state game land riding. I don't know how modified your son's quad is, but I'm pretty sure the muffler will need the Forrest Service Anti Spark rating thing to ride there. (maybe somebody could advise us?)

We live on the other side of PA but if you would want to try and plan out a time to meet there, I'm sur the boys would have fun.

What month were you thinking about heading down?

dwhst9
04-15-2009, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by quaddad90
We have intentions of heading to H&M this season. We are trying to figure out if we want to go for their Fall Rally or just head down there sometime in May or June.

My son's on a Predator 90 slightly modified to run some D6 events this year. However, the muffler is still stock and legal for state game land riding. I don't know how modified your son's quad is, but I'm pretty sure the muffler will need the Forrest Service Anti Spark rating thing to ride there. (maybe somebody could advise us?)

We live on the other side of PA but if you would want to try and plan out a time to meet there, I'm sur the boys would have fun.

What month were you thinking about heading down?

I've never seen any trail Rangers there, let alone anybody check for spark arrestors. I wouldn't go during Trail Fest...it's PACKED and DUSTY.

I'm headed with a large group in September. We'll make a trip before that with my son, but that is up in the air. He plays 4 sports, so it's tough to schedule.

twinsracing
04-15-2009, 04:17 PM
kepp us updated on your plans. we are getting out of racing and going to do alot of trail riding. We would like to go with groups that have kids. I have twin boys that are 11 years old. i have had friends that have went their and they say there are alot of good trails for younger riders.

QuadCobbler
04-17-2009, 08:43 PM
My wife and I are planning going down this year some time with our son but the $50.00 perperson this yaer is kind of alot. I have been doing some mods to my sons bike but many for trail riding and posible some XC racing in the near futre. And I know what your saying about the sports. My sone just finished basketball, and has now started t-ball, then it will be right back into a nother sport. A budy of mine asked H&M about child age limit and they said they go by the manufactures sugested age. And I would agree with the (no one cheking the spark arestor), I bet half of the adult bikes that I saw, had the arestor removed.

trailhouseowner
04-19-2009, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by QuadCobbler
My wife and I are planning going down this year some time with our son but the $50.00 perperson this yaer is kind of alot. I have been doing some mods to my sons bike but many for trail riding and posible some XC racing in the near futre. And I know what your saying about the sports. My sone just finished basketball, and has now started t-ball, then it will be right back into a nother sport. A budy of mine asked H&M about child age limit and they said they go by the manufactures sugested age. And I would agree with the (no one cheking the spark arestor), I bet half of the adult bikes that I saw, had the arestor removed.

The rangers are not strict about the spark arrestor. I do not know of anyone that has been fined over the spark arrestor and we have dealt with thousands of riders over the years. Also, a child's parents will not be fined if the child fits the machine. If a small child is caught on a 500, then a fine would probably be issued--if caught.