PDA

View Full Version : Metal noise when riding quad from rear area?

rinaldi
04-13-2009, 05:27 AM
The quad is running great, but am noticing a metal squeek noise from the quad. Almost sounds like the brakes rubbing, but hard to tell. Any ideas? It seems to be coming from the rear axle area.

And I have to say this little thing is fast, DRX90. I have not taken out the governer and not sure how it will wake up after that but in its current state it is quick.

Logan #34's Dad
04-14-2009, 07:54 PM
Your noise could be a number of things. I'd say put the rear up on a jack stand and turn the wheels by hand and see if you can narrow it down. Could be: carrier bearings (not likely), chain rubbing something (check the crossbar that the rear of the engine mounts to), brakes rubbing. who knows. Good luck!

rinaldi
04-18-2009, 07:27 PM
Seemed to be just some brake noise at the one point of the disc brake when it rotated. Shot some brake cleaner on it and it seemed to do the trick.

tarbabi
04-19-2009, 07:42 AM
The spring on the pipe on our 90 will bounce and hit the pipe from time to time.

rinaldi
04-19-2009, 02:45 PM
I need another exhaust spring. For some reason one of them busted. It was hanging when I was looking for the noise.