PDA

View Full Version : RM 250 quad

HiperEX
12-30-2002, 10:28 PM
well my cousin has a 96 warrior and its been bored to its max and its about shot theres oil pretty much all over his motor and hes got a older zuki dirt bike RM 250 2 stroke and we were thinking cause teh RM's motor is fine to just take the warriors motor out and mount up the RM im sure we will have to make some new motor mounts is this thing goining to rattle the frame apart? and home much horsepower does the RM put out? would it be enough to make a fun riding quad?

Nausty
12-30-2002, 10:32 PM
I'm guessing the vibration would be terrible because most 2 stroke dirt bikes don't have counter balancers. If you did do it you would have to have differant motor mounts for sure but one thing is your gonna have to spend a lot of time gusseting the frame and doing things to decrease vibration for instance filling the frame with the expanding foam along with the bars and steering stem and having rubber between the motor and mounts. The motor should put out i'm guess 45hp max.

Ryan
12-30-2002, 10:32 PM
The Rm would be more then enough horsepower. I think it will do some damage to the frame though and I would not put a engine like that in a warrior.

12-30-2002, 10:37 PM
i think it would be just fine, all these guys here just say what they read, most of you dont know chit, or should i just say the facts. i say go for it, cant hurt much

HiperEX
12-30-2002, 10:37 PM
D@mn so u guys are saying this wouldnt work
its a old model like a 79 or older or i dont know the year exatly but the thing has a metal rear fender,gas tankand has the dual rear shocks. So what we would have to do is the guesseting the frame and fil the frame with what foam the stuff that they use in cracks and stuff in a home?

HiperEX
12-30-2002, 11:00 PM
would u think a 250r pipe and silencer would work on this? stock pipe and header im talking about. it think it would be a really fun project we always fix up lawn mowers, snowmobiles for people.

HiperEX
12-30-2002, 11:19 PM
bump

Nausty
12-30-2002, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by HiperEX
D@mn so u guys are saying this wouldnt work
its a old model like a 79 or older or i dont know the year exatly but the thing has a metal rear fender,gas tankand has the dual rear shocks. So what we would have to do is the guesseting the frame and fil the frame with what foam the stuff that they use in cracks and stuff in a home?

lol I assumed it was a l8er one, I have no idea then about if it might have a counter balancer or how much vibration it would have or anything. I say try it if the motor in the warrior is about to go.

HiperEX
12-30-2002, 11:52 PM
well when we ride it, its not all vibrating or anything just sits there and puts when were just standing with it. i think it may have the counter balance but unless is is how all bikes are?

what do u guys think of a exhaust idea would a 250r pipe work? because i dont think the one on there will work cause its flat and tall but who knows , would a new RM 250 work or im leaning more towards the 250r cause of the angle of the pipe

HiperEX
12-31-2002, 12:20 AM
We'll we just finished doin the motor swap and man all i can say is hang on yer on a screemer

HiperEX
12-31-2002, 12:22 AM
well its sorta what it will look like
:blah

toby400ex
12-31-2002, 01:50 AM
i say go for, what have you got too loose except time thats useless anyway. The motor is good, the bike sounds out dated, so prolly not too trail worthy. And who cares about the frame, its a warrior.:o

HiperEX
12-31-2002, 03:34 PM
anyone know anthing else that should be done to do this project?