PDA

View Full Version : An Easter Sunday ride

QuadJunkies
04-12-2009, 09:11 PM
Today couldnt have been a more perfect day.. temps around 70 degrees,no wind or rain,just dust-which I can live with at this point! :p

We had some testing to do , so we headed for the trails for the day.
Theres a variety of everything from hills to climb or you and take a long trail ride and it will take you all the way to Silver City,Id.
Silver City is a ghost minig town that attracts people from all over in the summer months .Theres hundreds of trails to meet everyones needs. I rode a full course with all the guys a few years back and we hit some rocky nasty stuff that had me on edge :scary:
Its beautiful country from desert to heavy wooded and full of creeks as well.

But today, we stuck to desert mostly. I mostly stuck close to the pics as I threw out my back last week :(

QuadJunkies
04-12-2009, 09:13 PM
Several others had the same idea we did and traded in Easter eggs for a days BBQ and some dirt! :D

QuadJunkies
04-12-2009, 09:14 PM
No ride is complete without Kelseys butt flaming cheetos . LOL :p

QuadJunkies
04-12-2009, 09:16 PM
Just when I thought Id seen everything.....

QuadJunkies
04-12-2009, 09:17 PM
Ummm... yeah :huh

QuadJunkies
04-12-2009, 09:20 PM
Everyone was doing a little quad swapping today...
Kelsey obviously forgot shes grown since she rode one last.. :o

QuadJunkies
04-12-2009, 09:22 PM
I cant believe she actually let Brandon hop on and give it a test..

QuadJunkies
04-12-2009, 09:24 PM
He looked so small, lol... but rode it actually very well!

QuadJunkies
04-12-2009, 09:25 PM
But then he hopped on mine.... and drained my tank-TWICE! :D

QuadJunkies
04-12-2009, 09:27 PM
That boys so hooked now,its not going to be long before hes off the CVT.

QuadJunkies
04-12-2009, 09:29 PM
Good thing I couldnt ride much today! :o :p

QuadJunkies
04-12-2009, 09:34 PM
MY battery wire came loose.. so he took a breather and headed to the trails with Sis and Dad.

QuadJunkies
04-12-2009, 09:36 PM
Kelsey... this girl sure shocked me this year..
I was not expecting her to get settled in so fast on her suzuki,but I must say I am proud!! She has made huge improvments in the desert terrain since leaving the Youth scene.
She has learned how to lay on the sauce.. :devil:

QuadJunkies
04-12-2009, 09:43 PM
Cranks that steering damper and off she goes!!

QuadJunkies
04-12-2009, 09:46 PM
I forgot what its like to ride and never get tired. :p

QuadJunkies
04-12-2009, 09:49 PM
What an AWESOME day!

QuadJunkies
04-12-2009, 09:53 PM
I took a ton of pic, but these were my favorites.
This was a MUCH needed day of just laughing and having a good time hanging out as a family.
Hope everyone had a FANTASTIC Easter Sunday today!
I got some vidoe , nothing special, but Ill throw it up later..

250r rider 88
04-12-2009, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
No ride is complete without Kelseys butt flaming cheetos . LOL :p

that made my day haha, looks like you guys had a great Easter

Pappy
04-12-2009, 10:19 PM
The kids sure are growing up fast!

We didnt have an exciting easter....

Ryan and Cody took turns opening and closing the gate to the cow field while I hauled manure to the garden for 3 hours:eek2:

The wife spent about the same amount of time making runs with the Ranger full of manure to dress the berry plants and raised beds:eek2:

I ofcourse spent that time ferrying bucket load after bucket load with the tractor:p

Then the family and neighbor watched me climb to the roof and fix a shingle, then I fixed teh washing machine.....honey do day:D

Finally, me and the boys bailed as Mom started on dinner and we hit the lake. The boys went fishing while I went after the geese! We had a great Easter and hope everyone else did the same!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3336/3435978245_9633c2214f_o.jpg

QuadJunkies
04-12-2009, 10:21 PM
It was alot of fun...
Until Kelsey dumped her quad :ermm:

nothing big,just got abit sideways.. :o

As for the flame throwing cheetos-I dunno how she eats those things!! :blah:

As matter of fact... I dunno what got into her today,she was so goofy all day! :p
Must have been the warm weather!

Pappy, that bird just reminds me of all the grouse and Pheasant we almost hit today.
Troy has something about hitting birds :confused:

We took a long drive home tonight and found a new riding spot we are going to hit next ride.. might be hitting some snow on this one!

QuadJunkies
04-12-2009, 11:02 PM
Lets see if this works

<object width="576" height="432" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/88450474413" /><embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/88450474413" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="576" height="432"></embed></object>

miller821
04-13-2009, 01:08 AM
Pic's look great QJ! Looks like Kelsey is really getting used to the new quad, and it looks like you may be having to give yours up pretty soon too!:p

NDpredator
04-13-2009, 08:39 AM
Hey QJ give us some of that warm weather! It sure would be nice to get some riding in with the first mx race of the season next weekend but our practice track is under a foot of water and our riding grounds are so muddy it took $16 to wash the quads last weekend. Kelsey sure is big and looks like she is going to be a hand full on the new 450 this year! My tip of the day for her since she is smaller is in the corners to get the butt farther inside and lower towards the top of the heel guards...almost using them as a back support when you are throwing it into the corners and lifting that outside leg when you slide in having your calf/back of knee on the seat.

QuadJunkies
04-13-2009, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by NDpredator
Hey QJ give us some of that warm weather! It sure would be nice to get some riding in with the first mx race of the season next weekend but our practice track is under a foot of water and our riding grounds are so muddy it took $16 to wash the quads last weekend. Kelsey sure is big and looks like she is going to be a hand full on the new 450 this year! My tip of the day for her since she is smaller is in the corners to get the butt farther inside and lower towards the top of the heel guards...almost using them as a back support when you are throwing it into the corners and lifting that outside leg when you slide in having your calf/back of knee on the seat.

You arent telling her anything we havent ,not to mention ... the pros also havent told her, she is set on her style and is a stubborn lil poop. lol
She does it the way shes comfy,so I guess whatever works :ermm:
I couldnt even get her to do it on her mini ..:p

We have had a pretty cold and wet winter ,so we were excited to not have tgo layer up for the ride!!I seen where ya'll have had some nasty weather, hope it warms up for you soon!

QuadJunkies
04-13-2009, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by ride hard man
Pic's look great QJ! Looks like Kelsey is really getting used to the new quad, and it looks like you may be having to give yours up pretty soon too!:p
haha- I know!!

Actually, we have plans to sell the mini this fall .
Brandon is still abit small on mine,but will fit very nicely on a 250.:)

Gray33
04-13-2009, 06:07 PM
Very nice pictures, looks like yall had some fun. I went riding with a few buddys yesterday before we all had easter and all we found was mud pits. Where did you guys go riding at?

exrider12
04-13-2009, 06:46 PM
That place looks like so much fun. wish i could go sometime.....:(

QuadJunkies
04-14-2009, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Gray33
Very nice pictures, looks like yall had some fun. I went riding with a few buddys yesterday before we all had easter and all we found was mud pits. Where did you guys go riding at?

Its called Hemmingway butte.
http://upload.pbase.com/image/111289651/original.jpg

QuadJunkies
04-14-2009, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by exrider12
That place looks like so much fun. wish i could go sometime.....:(
We say the aame thing about the East Coast. :p

I wish I had a way to let my kids come experience a GNCC-Kelsey especially.
This is where Id like to take them this summer.
Pappy, I think you would really dig this trip. I think I read QUAD mag. was out there last summer .ITs not far from where we were riding that day.
http://www.ghosttowns.com/states/id/silvercity.html

Jersey450R
04-14-2009, 07:16 AM
What a great thread! Happy Easter!

Pappy
04-14-2009, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies

Pappy, I think you would really dig this trip.

Oh I have no doubt:p