PDA

View Full Version : Bossbearing front wheel install

288sunny
04-12-2009, 06:32 PM
Just curious who has installed these bearings, got mine in the mail and want to install them, any tricks for getting old bearings and seals out? Anything i should know about installing the new stuff.. Also not sure what they are but in the pack with the cotter pins were to big like washers or something and 2 smaller ones, any idea what they are for, could be spacers, just not sure where they would go, thanks in advance,

airmobile101
04-12-2009, 07:20 PM
Ill let yea know when I get mine. I just ordered them.

RATPACK Z400
04-13-2009, 06:49 PM
I can tell you the easest way to get in and out is to put hub and bearing in freezer for 45mins,the bearing on each side come out the side there on so you can by pass the first bearing to knock the second then flip over and bang staight out allways hit bearing toward outside of hub then clean and get new bearing out freezer and they drop in with small tap then pack with grease/ grease marine grease if you ride in water then tap on rubber/washer dust covers and done ,the thing,s that came with it I dont know unless there dust cover,s (rubber/washer) they go on outside to keep out dirt/water and hold in grease some what.have fun Im doing my rear shock wishbone looking thing bearing now! have done over the past two or so years all bearing on quad!