PDA

View Full Version : Carb issues...

pickin_aggie08
04-12-2009, 02:53 PM
Relatives recently got a 400ex, and it has some problems. Something is wrong with the carb in a bad way. I know it is something with the carb, because i put the carb off of my 400 on his and everything is fine. His is just flooding the thing with gas, and pours gas out of the vent lines. It is actually filling the oil reservoir up with gas. To me it sounds like something to do with the floats, but we checked them, and all seems good. I took the choke out just to take out some probable cause. Has anybody had any problems like this?? and how did you fix it?
Thanks,
Eric

Newrider08
04-12-2009, 03:04 PM
take the carb off and check the function and clearance on the floats, I have had floats stick in dirtbikes and do the same thing but have not had any issues on my 400ex because I always turn my gas off and let it run until it dies. May not be as easy to start the next time but if you dont ride every day that old gas will just sit in there.

I can copy pages of my repair manual and post them if you need me to, or if you need to know clearances let me know.