PDA

View Full Version : Part Suggestions

luigi
04-12-2009, 02:35 PM
Just got my 2004 TRX450r and I am looking to put some aftermarket parts on it. Looking for some suggestions on what to get. As of now I have a DMC pipe and HRC kit. I mostly would like some black beadlocks or black sandstars but i am open to suggestions.

atvnut22
04-12-2009, 02:40 PM
in my opinion, the next thing i would get is nerf bars

exrider12
04-12-2009, 02:49 PM
Lol he has some. Get some a arms depending on your budget. If you have alot of cash get Walsh. if not get burgard. Then get some shocks.

And then an axle.

Btw beautiful quad dude. It looks brand new!

spanky101
04-12-2009, 03:03 PM
It really depends on what your going to use the bike for and how much your willing to shell out on your components.

atvnut22
04-12-2009, 03:05 PM
sorry, the pic wasnt loading and was blurry, so it looked like he didnt have any

luigi
04-12-2009, 03:12 PM
I plan on riding mostly on dirt trails and a lot in the sand. Not a lot of racing. As far as money is concerned, I'm not to worried about that at the moment, just trying to find something I want first.

exrider12
04-12-2009, 03:52 PM
How wide are the dirt trails?

luigi
04-12-2009, 04:10 PM
At least 2 quad widths.

hendershot106
04-13-2009, 09:19 AM
You should first concentrate on comfort and protection, if you are already planning on a pipe/header combo. Find a nice raised steering stem and comfortable bar bend to suit your riding style, some handguards for protection of your hands/ levers.

Then, an aftermarket front bumper to protect the front of your bike, as well as make it "look" good!!!

After that you should move onto tires and wheels, then worry about your suspension( a arms, axle, shocks.

04-13-2009, 10:58 AM
tires and wheels make a huge difference.

luigi
07-30-2009, 09:45 AM
any other suggestions?

sparks 450
07-30-2009, 10:33 PM
offset rims for your sand tires. fcr carb a good aftermarket upgrade on 04-05. new intake system, plus- one anti-vibe steering stem, steering shock. we have done alot of testing on paddles, pay the extra for a good pair it is worth the higher price. skat-trak, sand skates11 or padla-brats buy sparks racing have been tested to be the best for dunes. good luck

SHIFTx450
07-31-2009, 12:57 AM
Dude i'm selling a whole extended setup if you want it. Make me an offer and contact me via email at RW@getcenterpoint.com
the following was a post i already have out regarding it:

I am trying to sell my aarm setup, axle, nerfs, and front bumper.

the Aarms are burgard +2+1 chrome, i got them on my 06, but they're originally from an 05. will sell with ball joints and tie rods. chrome is a little dull, but some polishing should bring it right back..

axle is a lonestar 2+2 adjustable. same thing, could use a little polishing, and it is slightly bent. you dont feel it at all unless you're on the street.

bumper is a chrome Duncan. same finish as the aarms.

nerfs are AC i believe, but i could be wrong. they're setup wide for the extended aarms and axle. and they're the kicked up fit. they're aluminum with black nets.. the nets are cut on the left side. but they're nice.

the reason i'm selling is because i'm in the process of a rebuild on her, and i would like a long travel setup, and i wanna change a few things around. everything is great, and your bike will handle and look sick with all of it.

Make me some offers! would be sick for someone to buy it all and put it their bike all at once. pics of all parts are available upon request, as well as pics of my bike with the parts installed. email me with questions RW@getcenterpoint.com thanks -rich watson

SHIFTx450
07-31-2009, 11:16 AM
yo whoever is interested in these parts HAS to email me RW@getcenterpoint.com i can't post the pics cuz it's telling me the file size is too big.