PDA

View Full Version : A little shock advice please

rigger
04-12-2009, 11:43 AM
I am sure this has been talked about on here somewhere before but I did not see anything when I searched the forums.

As far as a rear shock goes, will a 450R rear shock work out? From what I have seen from pictures, it looks to me like it would not work. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Other rear shock options?

I have heard, but do not know if this is true, that a Banshee rear shock will work if you bolt it directly to the swing arm and delete the linkage. Can anyone confirm this and if so does it ride ok or not?

Just for your info, I am building an 86 frame with an 89 swing arm and a plus 2 plus 1 Lone Star front end. I am not going to be racing, just play and trail riding. I am about 160 pounds with out any gear.

Also on the front, I have a set of Works triple rate w/o res. They are in pretty good shape. Should I keep these or get something else? And what else should I get?

Just trying to figure out what is the biggest bang for the buck. I do not have much money to be able to spend on my project right now so I am doing more of the frame work and research for now on what to get and to run.

I could send all of this stuff off that I have now and get it all rebuilt, sprung and valved but that would get a little pricey, plus shipping both ways too. So would I be better off doing that or finding other shocks for cheaper and selling what I have now. If you could, please give me your thoughts.

Thanks.

Honda 250r 001
04-13-2009, 07:17 AM
the 450r rear shock doesnt work. Your works triple rates will work fine but revalving would make them handle much better. Just revalving a rear shock will make it ride better than some aftermarket shocks.