PDA

View Full Version : 450MXR engine mounts on CRACK!!

montycarlo
04-11-2009, 10:16 PM
Put my 08 Outlaw 450 up on the ol' ATV jack today - it has been a long time since that jack got together with any of my quads :ermm: and noticed that both the front/lower engine mounts are cracked clean through right where the top engine case bolt goes through. These are the triangular aluminum plate mounts at the front of the engine cases to the lower frame.

Immediately I figured that a steel replacement would be the best approach so I set out to find something. I went to look at the HMF website where I bought my fender braces from Gallagher racing.... couldn't find his products there? :confused: I also noticed that the frame mounts on the lower case sides where the skid plate bolts on is cracking also, but that can be touched up with the welder fairly easily. Probably cracked due to stress from the front motor mounts being NFG.

SO.... What's the good word on mounts?

GE4x4
04-12-2009, 06:32 AM
Your the first that I've heard of this, but if it was me, I would just go and buy new ones. They will bolt right up and you might of just got a bad batch mold. Retail on them is cheap at $15 each.

Colby@C&DRacing
04-13-2009, 08:58 AM
Mine broke on my 08 outlaw as well. Just replace them with new factory brackets

montycarlo
04-14-2009, 10:37 PM
Yea I did order more stockers; 15 bucks is cheap enough even for me! :D

Was really curious what happened with the gallagher stuff that was on HMF?

ojcool
04-15-2009, 07:46 PM
Personally I would weld them up adding some additional metal to them. If one set cracked another is just going to crack. Beef them up and the problem should be solved forever.

ojcool
04-15-2009, 07:46 PM
But I have the ability to weld aluminum.