PDA

View Full Version : Electrical issues.....

04EX721
04-11-2009, 09:31 PM
Ok, I finally got all my parts and put my 440ex back together. No spark, it had spark before it was disassembled. I did have the frame repainted, but wire wheeled the paint off of the coil mounts, and the battery ground. The nuetral light won't come on, but I do have head lights. I used a jumper wire from the batt to the starter solenoid to turn it over, and no spark. The plug is brand new. Will it spark with the NS wire removed? Please help me, I NEED to ride.

Young_Gun1
04-11-2009, 10:05 PM
only thing i could think of is if the stator or flywheel came off during this build it got screwed up somewhere
all wires hooked up correctly?

RoadRage77
04-12-2009, 06:24 AM
I'd recheck all connections, fuses, and grounds... Maybe try running another ground wire... Also, check the little wire that connects down below your cases for the Neutral light.

n811
04-12-2009, 07:01 AM
I've had to replace the coil wire before. One minute it works the next no spark?

04EX721
04-12-2009, 07:06 AM
I never took the flywheel off, I did however replace the stator cover, I'm going to go take that off now and double check everything. If the neutral wire isn't hooked up will that make it not spark? Thanks ahead of time everyone for all the help.